Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 09-29-2015, 07:22 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Washington
THOR #1152
Request for info/help

Just replaced the OE battery isolator in our 2006 Four Winds 31P and found a "yellow" wire combined with the ign switch run/acc coil power circuit that follows the house battery and further aft. Could only follow it to just aft of gen set bay. Any idea what Thor was powering off ign run/acc power in back? Could this be factory back up camera power?

Old 09-29-2015, 11:09 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
Might be the emergency start feature. Many of the coaches have a feature that allows you to use the house batteries to start the engine if the engine battery is dead.
Old 09-29-2015, 11:56 PM   #3

State: Washington
THOR #1152
Thanks FW, I thought about that but two things worked against that, no "Boost" button and the wire heads aft of Gen set bay along drivers side frame with main bundle. On that note though, since I replaced the little 85A 4 terminal with a 200A/600A surge solenoid, I can add a momentary "boost" button for just such a situation.

At least my isolation solenoid works now and it charges both batteries while engine is running. (they tied solenoid power off the "builders bundle" right above the front brake master cylinder to a 12v key on/acc line)

I gave thought that the Generac GP40 gen set had a trigger circuit that would pull in the solenoid contacts when gen runs, but the gen only feeds a receptacle in the electrical bay. (either on gen or on shore power....manual transfer switch....by hand LOL)

It will get the better of me trying to figure out what they sent aft on key "on/acc" power from chassis side of 12v. I may have to crawl back under and undo the "bullet" splice connector and see if back up camera (OEM) still works. Never tried the back up camera in key acc position.

Hey fun crawling under and exploring. Did get the oil and filter changed finally. Good thing since PO must have had a jiffy lube place do the last one. Had a PH 2500 little filter instead of the FL820S size. The ol' one size fits all to save inventory space......LOL

Next stop is the Trik-L-Start around the solenoid for chassis battery when at park or in storage on 120v shore power.

Thanks again.