Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 08-16-2016, 10:28 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Oregon
THOR #2271
Rtfm

and another addition for Ed's Manual.

I had always wondered how to clean out the Maxxair roof vents on my rig. They were gathering a lot of trees debris. Last weekend the front vent stopped working. I was planning on climbing up on the roof this weekend to clean it out. On my last day of warranty, I tried contacting Thor to see if they would drop ship me a new fan under warranty. They refused saying that the fans rarely broke and that, more than likely, there was debris in the plunger tab that allows it to operate.

I decided to look up the manufacturer and find out the cost of a new vent fan. In the process, I downloaded the installation and operation guide. Lo and behold, the little white tabs rotate 90º, allowing the screen to be removed from inside the RV and the vent cleaned.

Once cleaned the vent started working again.