Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 02-09-2019, 01:34 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: North Carolina
THOR #5494
Safe-T-Plus Vs. Roadmaster Steering Stabilizer

Hello everyone. After 17K miles I have been looking into adding a steering stabilizer to my 2016 Vegas 25.2. I have asked the manufactures for comparisons. I want to ask all of you that have experience with Steering stabilizers and which one did you go with.

Thank you!

Old 02-09-2019, 01:41 AM   #2

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
They both work well. I have the Roadmaster.

I believe the Roadmaster has an exposed spring while the Safe-T=Plus has a covered spring.

I think the Roadmaster is also less expensive.

2016 Chevy Sonic Toad
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 11:38 AM   #3

Model: Miramar 34.4
State: Iowa
THOR #4488
Obviously I can only evaluate the one I purchased, the Safe-T-Plus. It is more expensive than the Roadmaster but I liked the fact it was enclosed. I had that and a larger rear anti-sway bar installed at the same time so I can't tell you which made the most improvement to handling of my Miramar. But I can say between the two it now handles great. I have NO issues with passing or meeting semis and can comfortably handle 20 MPH crosswinds and gusts. For me, the best part of the Safe-T-Plus is the time it gives you to respond to high wind gusts. You can still feel them but it eliminates the white knuckle response since it is designed to keep your wheels going straight. They are also a Christian based organization with a great reputation of standing behind their product.
Old 02-09-2019, 01:03 PM   #4

Model: Challenger 37 LX
State: Florida
THOR #7853
Either one will turn your RV into a new driving experience. I went with Safe T Plus, more expensive but better warranty. Enclosed spring as mentioned earlier. Customer service at S+ was awesome, very helpful. Super easy to install... Good luck.

<'))))>(
RV Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 02:14 PM   #5

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
I also purchased the Saftey Plus the the very reasons that Mirmar stated above.

It works great.... night and day difference .... easy to install yourself. Plus I like how it helps to straighten the front wheels at slower speeds after you make a turns. Kinda like having a Front Wheel drive RV
2017 Axis with 25.4 floor plan. Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, Moride TV mount, Air Con. cooling mods, Extra 12v +120 v outlets, air horn, LED Headlights/Driving lights, Tons of Sound and heat insulation, Fulton torpedoes.
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 03:33 PM   #6

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
Went with the Sad T Plus. Easy install and greatly improved the drivability.
Old 02-09-2019, 07:09 PM   #7

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Fleetwood Storm 32V - pre
State: Alabama
THOR #6826
I self installed a SafeTPlus on my class C. It was an easy install and I was pleased with the results. I purchased and installed the Roadmaster on my Class A. I liked that it was cheaper and the exposed spring seems like a (small) plus to me. I have found other Roadmaster products to be superbly engineered and very well made. The install was just as easy and the results were just as good. I donít think you could go wrong with either one. FWIW I had a question on the instructions for the SafeTPlus so called the company and I was very impressed with their customer support.