Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 03-24-2019, 05:36 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Nebraska
THOR #12792
Screen clips

Just bought a new 2019 Windsport 34j from La Mesa in New Mexico headed back to Nebraska. We have noticed as we are traveling and stayin in parks a few problems we need help with. # 1. The screens are missing several small clips to hold them in place. How do I find replacements? Can I order from Thor?
#2. We have a water pipe under kitchen sink that was leaking . The dealership attempted to repair it but as we traveled the next day the leak was worse.
We attempted to repair with my family and we know we stopped the leak but having put in our slide today we have water on the floor. Can anyone help us with info on what might be the problem? Thanks

Old 03-24-2019, 06:15 PM   #2
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Welcome to the Forum, and congratulations on you purchase! You should be able to order the clips from Thor. Contact Customer Service, and send them some pictures of your screens...
As far as the leak: are you sure of where the water is coming from?
Old 03-24-2019, 07:20 PM   #3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Ohio
THOR #1620
Here you go for screen clips https://www.pellandent.com/RV-Window-Screen-Parts dont waste your time on thor or more so Cramping world to get them cause it wont happen
Camping World Indianapolis, worst dealer EVER experienced
thor293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 09:04 PM   #4

Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandhiller View Post
Just bought a new 2019 Windsport 34j from La Mesa in New Mexico headed back to Nebraska. We have noticed as we are traveling and stayin in parks a few problems we need help with. # 1. The screens are missing several small clips to hold them in place. How do I find replacements? Can I order from Thor?
#2. We have a water pipe under kitchen sink that was leaking . The dealership attempted to repair it but as we traveled the next day the leak was worse.
We attempted to repair with my family and we know we stopped the leak but having put in our slide today we have water on the floor. Can anyone help us with info on what might be the problem? Thanks

Two suggestions for the clips:
1. Look in the window track. I was missing several and about a year of owning the mh I found them in the track. So now I have extras.

2. If #1 doesnt help you then definitely CALL Thor customer service/warranty. DOnt email them. Thor will send you a bunch.

THor has sent me lots of replacement parts...Just be nice, explain your problem and they are more than willing to help

So is the water still leaking or could it possibly be left over from the leak you fixed. If still leaking get a flashlight and stick your head in the cabinet to look for it.

What was it that you fixed??? Drain pipe, water line. Hard to help without more details.

Good luck

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 11:31 PM   #5

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by thor293 View Post
Here you go for screen clips https://www.pellandent.com/RV-Window-Screen-Parts dont waste your time on thor or more so Cramping world to get them cause it wont happen

Well THAT’S a site that I’m going to bookmark for sure. What a little goldmine!
Old 04-16-2019, 09:34 PM   #6

Model: WindSport 34J
State: Kansas
THOR #14929
Exact same problem!

We were getting ready to drive away with our new Windsport 34J and noticed water on the floor coming from the kitchen, a lot of water. Turned out the P trap on the sink wasn't tight - ok husband tightened it. BUT why was resting water getting that high? When the slide is in the grey water hose is crimped in an uphill position. Extend the slide it's fine.
Old 04-16-2019, 09:47 PM   #7

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvquest6 View Post
We were getting ready to drive away with our new Windsport 34J and noticed water on the floor coming from the kitchen, a lot of water. Turned out the P trap on the sink wasn't tight - ok husband tightened it. BUT why was resting water getting that high? When the slide is in the grey water hose is crimped in an uphill position. Extend the slide it's fine.

We have an 2018 Outlaw 29H. When the slide is closed, the kitchen drains slowly. There is a flexible pipe off the p-trap and I do suspect it kinks a bit and restricts flow when the slide is closed.

The newer model now has the kitchen on the opposite side of the slide. I’m guessing they are learning it is not the best design to have plumbing (water or gas) that moves frequently.
Old 04-16-2019, 09:52 PM   #8
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I think that we've all been learning to watch out for that setup...
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote