Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 08-02-2019, 09:50 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Oregon
THOR #9173
Slide out issues

I have a 2011 freedom elite 28 u 12 ft slide out one side goes out for inches and stops other side does not do anything not sure if there's two motors and if so where would they be located not sure if it is Evan a motor problem any suggestions

Old 08-02-2019, 10:13 PM   #2
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Try holding the deployment in the "retract" position for about three to five seconds...
Perhaps they just got out of sync... This little trick might help get them back on the same page again.

NOTE: I honestly think that there's more to this, but this is the only trick that I've got.

Good luck!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 02:14 AM   #3

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
If its a Schwintek slide it will have two motors, each located in the upper two corners of the slide/wall. From your description it sounds like one motor is working and the other is not (for many possible reasons).......or perhaps you have something jamming or preventing movement in the side that does not move? You should not force the slide out if one side is not moving or serious (expensive) damage can occur. Return the slide to closed position and try to locate the slide controller unit which is usually mounted in a basement bin near the slide it controls. There may be codes set on the controller (flashing lights) that may provide information on what the problem is. The controller may have the code definitions printed on it or refer to the manual you should have received with your coach (or get it off the net). There are also many YouTube videos for troubleshooting Schwintek slides that you can find on line. It could be as simple as the wiring connector on one motor has become disconnected.
Old 08-03-2019, 07:42 PM   #4

State: Oregon
THOR #9173
Okay thank you I'll try that