Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 07-06-2017, 02:11 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.3
State: California
THOR #2526
Shower leaking

My shower was leaking first a few drips and then flood. The shower trap going into the gray tanks came off. They had a ring with a slit in it to allow up and down movement over the road between and shower bottom and tank. Easy to come off with this ring. Installed a regular trap from hardware store with longer pipe. Problem solved. There is a access door on the bedroom wall under the tv and you can get to it pretty easily.

Baddad53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 02:51 AM   #2

State: Ontario
THOR #8173
My 2016 four winds 33 ft c class leaked at the shower glass panel corners at the base area of the shower. There didn't seem to be any sealer at any joints of the whole shower. Can't believe they didn't bother to seal it somehow. So I clear silicones it. Will test next weekend.
Old 07-06-2017, 03:09 AM   #3

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
There are many posts clarifying that the shower is intentionally left unsealed by all of the manufacturers. Apparently there is a sizable lip on the floor pan that is overlapped by the wall panels. Supposedly it's to let any water from behind the walls get out. Not sure why there would be any water in the walls but we specifically were instructed in our PDI not to seal it up.
Old 07-06-2017, 03:24 AM   #4

State: Ontario
THOR #8173
I first looked under the shower through the access hole at the drain and pipes going to it. They were dry. Then with the shower on you can see a gap at each corner of the shower. That's where it leaked. So instead of finding water on my floor I decided try and seal it. I will take to the dealer 2 hours away and see what they say.
Old 07-09-2017, 02:14 AM   #5

Model: Axis 25.3
State: California
THOR #2526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
There are many posts clarifying that the shower is intentionally left unsealed by all of the manufacturers. Apparently there is a sizable lip on the floor pan that is overlapped by the wall panels. Supposedly it's to let any water from behind the walls get out. Not sure why there would be any water in the walls but we specifically were instructed in our PDI not to seal it up.
The shower is installed over the floor and the water was flowing over the edge. Since the exterior walls extend down pass the floor the water found a way.
Baddad53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 02:25 AM   #6

State: North Carolina
THOR #3952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
They don't recommend sealing where the wall panels lap over the shower pan lip. You do have to seal around the door frame sides and bottom.
Old 07-09-2017, 07:51 PM   #7

Model: 2017 Windsport 34J
State: Alabama
THOR #5645
Windsport 34J Shower Leak

Noticed water running out on back wheels while shower was going. Dumped 10 gals in shower and it didn't leak. It looks like it's coming from around the shower controls. I can get the shower handles off but can't see how to remove the shower control mount. The whole shower control looks like it is attached to the wall with 4 screws. But taking those screws out doesn't do anything. Any idea how to get the shower control off? I've attempted to attach a picture but it's sideways - rotate it 90 CW.
Thanx,
Dan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Windsport 34J Shower.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	5709  
Old 07-09-2017, 08:12 PM   #8

Model: 31e Four Winds
State: Delaware
THOR #7159
Looks like you turn the nut around the stem for the shower knobs. Not sure I would go that far just yet I'd exhaust all other investigation first. The shower controls have water pressure constantly. Let us know how you make out.
Old 07-09-2017, 10:07 PM   #9

State: North Carolina
THOR #3952
When mine leaked over the back wheels it was a cracked p trap under the drain. There is an access cover in the wheel well. Try taking the cover off and run some water before removing the handles.