Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 08-09-2017, 01:45 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8223
Generator starts, stops, restarts

I posted another thread about having run my 2016 Hurricane 34F coach batteries down. (See: http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f8/...ries-8693.html) Got that fixed...I hope. They're on the charger right now. I was able to get power to the interior again and to fire the generator.

I was running the generator in hopes of charging the batteries, but the generator would run for 5-10 minutes then stop. Then the autostart feature kicked in and it restarted. Then the cycle kept repeating. There's about 7/8 of a tank of fuel so it's not that. The generator ran perfectly the weekend we brought it home, so I am guessing this has something to do with me having run the coach batteries down.

Anyone had this problem? Any suggestions?

Old 08-09-2017, 02:53 AM   #2

Model: challenger 36 TL
State: Illinois
THOR #6705

Hi Phoeg ! Are you starting the genny with the autostart or the main switch for the genny ? You should be using the switch on the wall, the switch on the dash, or the switch on the genny. The autostart switch will cause the genny to stop and start, depending if you have something inside running or it is running a test

Good Luck !

Robert
Old 08-09-2017, 02:56 AM   #3

THOR #8223
Thanks. I will check the various switch configurations. This has been challenging! LOL
Old 08-09-2017, 03:05 AM   #4

THOR #6705

My coach also has the autostart, but we only use it if we aren't plugged in to keep the refrigerator running or if our dogs are inside and we leave to keep the a/c running for them. The a/c will shut off automatically, but when they need to come back on, the with the genny on autostart, it will start up and the a/c will run again, if you get my drift.

Robert
Old 08-09-2017, 03:18 AM   #5

State: Oregon
THOR #2271
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeramtough View Post
My coach also has the autostart, but we only use it if we aren't plugged in to keep the refrigerator running or if our dogs are inside and we leave to keep the a/c running for them. The a/c will shut off automatically, but when they need to come back on, the with the genny on autostart, it will start up and the a/c will run again, if you get my drift.

Robert
You do know that your fridge will run off the LPG if there is no electrical power, right?
Old 08-09-2017, 03:23 AM   #6

THOR #8223
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeramtough View Post
Hi Phoeg ! Are you starting the genny with the autostart or the main switch for the genny ? You should be using the switch on the wall, the switch on the dash, or the switch on the genny. The autostart switch will cause the genny to stop and start, depending if you have something inside running or it is running a test

I made sure the auto start was in off position and started from inside control panel. Ran just fine. I probably hit something earlier but didn't realize it.

Thank you and everyone here for the help on my issues. It's very appreciated!!!
Old 08-09-2017, 03:24 AM   #7

THOR #6705
Hi GBrown. No i have a residential refrig. Runs only on 120 volts.