Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2019, 08:22 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alabama
THOR #13703
Slide leaks

My 2018 Thor Miramar 35.3 large slide on the drivers side leaks. I was told that there is a bow in the top of it towards the center and with a heavy rain the water blows under the slide awning and leaks in the motor coach in the center of the slide. Has anyone else had this problem.

Old 03-05-2019, 03:49 AM   #2

State: Florida
THOR #14380
Re: Slide leak on Miramar.
Yes, I have the same rig. It leaked from day 1, mostly at the front , by the driver seat. Took it back twice to the dealer for repair. They finally got it fixed. They did two things: they adjusted the slide out so it closes tighter, and they added a 2nd seal at the front end of the slide out. No problems since then. Be sure your slide is totally closed when you bring it in. You may have to take it in and out a couple of times.
Jim
Old 03-05-2019, 12:01 PM   #3

State: Alabama
THOR #13703
Quote:
Originally Posted by analoguy View Post
Yes, I have the same rig. It leaked from day 1, mostly at the front , by the driver seat. Took it back twice to the dealer for repair. They finally got it fixed. They did two things: they adjusted the slide out so it closes tighter, and they added a 2nd seal at the front end of the slide out. No problems since then. Be sure your slide is totally closed when you bring it in. You may have to take it in and out a couple of times.
Jim
Hi was yours leaking when it was open or closed, mine is while it is open
Old 03-05-2019, 12:48 PM   #4

THOR #14380
Mine leaked when it was closed. Did not have problem when it was open, except for occasional torrential downpour when the rain was at a certain angle.

They say they rain test all these rigs when they leave the factory. Maybe so....the question is what do they do with the rigs after they fail the test? I guess they ship them to the dealer. Ha.
Old 03-05-2019, 04:43 PM   #5

Model: Miramar 35.3
THOR #6451
My 2018 Miramar 35.3 also leaks but it's the window on the dinette slide. If I have a steady rain, it will start dripping down the inside of the window near the dinette. Also, the cover along the top of the window that hides the blind when it is up (not sure what you call it) gets wet towards at the top righthand corner at the front of the slide. Mine has been in the shop for a month. It only seems to leak when the slide is out. I have driven through several heavy rains and have not had the leak.

They have supposedly found where it is leaking (this is the second time I've had it in for the leak). They said there was some type of tape that had folded over towards the front end of the slide (on top). It left a small crack and supposedly it would leak into the window framing of the slide. I haven't gotten the motor home back yet so I don't know if this fixed it or not.
Old 06-21-2019, 01:28 AM   #6

State: Vermont
THOR #13743
Quote:
Originally Posted by druganjk@gmail.com View Post
My 2018 Thor Miramar 35.3 large slide on the drivers side leaks. I was told that there is a bow in the top of it towards the center and with a heavy rain the water blows under the slide awning and leaks in the motor coach in the center of the slide. Has anyone else had this problem.
We have exactly that problem on our Aria 3601, I was relaxing during the rain and suddenly water poured in at the center of the slide. I pulled the slide in ant there was a swimming pool on top of the slide. This was only our 3rd trip with this motorhome water should not pool on the slide out.
Old 06-22-2019, 03:02 PM   #7

THOR #15358
Quote:
Originally Posted by analoguy View Post
Jim
Hello,
I have a ACE 30.1. It sounds like I have a similar leak problem. Does anybody know how to make the slide close tighter?
The curious matter in my leak is that it is running out of the inside of the front slide rail, behind the drivers seat when the slide is in. The slide rail is basically acting like a “gutter”. There is no sign of wetness above that rail.
I’m hoping adjusting the slide to come in tighter does the trick.
Thanks.
Ken