Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-07-2016, 02:25 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 33.2
State: Oregon
THOR #4145
Cool A/C for driver & passenger seats not cold

O.K., I'm not expecting the A/C unit at the front of my coach (2014 Thor Palazzo 33.2) to cool the whole coach, but it would be nice if the air coming out of the dash vents was cool. Even on MAX A/C the air from the vents seems to be ambient temp. Before I pay a tech to evaluate the A/C unit, am I expecting too much, or is this just the way the front A/C unit performs?

Old 06-07-2016, 03:35 PM   #2

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Washington
THOR #2123
It should be cold. Still under warranty?
Old 06-07-2016, 03:49 PM   #3

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Agree with Keith. It should be cold. My Vegas is a lot smaller than yours but the dash air conditioning g has been sufficient for us while traveling -- even here in FL in the summer. I have not run the generator to operate the roof A/C yet while traveling.
I
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 04:24 PM   #4

THOR #4145
Many thanks to you both. I'll call the warranty folks to schedule a checkup for the front A/C unit.
Old 06-07-2016, 08:13 PM   #5
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scintor View Post
Many thanks to you both. I'll call the warranty folks to schedule a checkup for the front A/C unit.
We thought we had a problem with our A/C up front on our new Axis this past weekend on the front end of our trip...not cold enough.
Turned out the dial on the control board for the ac was brittle and broke where it fitted around the temp control piece. Ron got out his needle nose pliers..we adjusted it to COLD and it has worked properly since.
In addition, I checked the other dials...all brittle stems..and cracked or broken..we got super glue, and repaired them..will contact Thor when we get home...or may do with the repair job.

This may not be your problem...but, worth a try.

Ron n Kay
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 02:47 PM   #6

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #4366
Ours is scheduled for July 6th at the Ford dealer in Canton, NC. The Thor dealer, Camping World of Marion, NC said it's a bad compressor. Sure hope this doesn't turn into a finger pointing between Ford and Thor. We have had the coach 4 weeks today.
Old 07-13-2016, 03:13 AM   #7

THOR #4145
Thumbs up Follow up on faulty dash A/C

Per advice from this forum, I called my extended service plan provider for help in resolving my faulty dash A/C. They were willing to step up, BUT only after I confirmed with Freightliner that the problem was/wasn't covered by the chassis warranty. Freightliner explained that their responsibility for dash A/C began and ended with the compressor. To make a long story short, the compressor was the root problem, and Freightliner is repairing it under warranty. I'm scheduled to pick up the MH tomorrow morning.
Old 07-13-2016, 03:37 PM   #8

Model: 2015 Hurricane 34 J
State: Ohio
THOR #1295
I found one of the vents hooked up wrong! The floor vent on the left of the drivers side was connected to the vent and visa versa! Noticed it as the vent would only blow with floor/vent setting and not A/C!
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T Sport 6 speed manual
(THOR)
Nursx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 04:11 PM   #9

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubjaysnest View Post
Ours is scheduled for July 6th at the Ford dealer in Canton, NC. The Thor dealer, Camping World of Marion, NC said it's a bad compressor. Sure hope this doesn't turn into a finger pointing between Ford and Thor. We have had the coach 4 weeks today.
I'll be interested to see who owns up to the compressor in the Axis/Vegas. That seems to be the breaking point of the two A/C components of the A/C system (Ford and Thor). Please let us know what you find out. Good luck!

From the above post from Scintor, it looks like it is Thor issue in the Palazzo. However a previous thread seemed to indicate than in the Axis, Thor stepped up. Could very well be a difference between the E-450 and the F-53 chassis?