Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 12-14-2017, 12:25 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Texas
THOR #6162
You could try swapping a slide controller from another location. I had a hall effect code and Thor sent me a new motor. Installed and no change. Swapped controller with the cab overhead bunk and slide worked fine. Thor sent me the new controller, no problem. They are great to work with. Dealers, not so much..

Old 12-14-2017, 12:35 AM   #22

State: Missouri
THOR #10032
Thanks for the idea. My problem is that I have a PD 31, it has the one large wall slide and that's it. Since it's a class C the bunk doesn't go up or down .
Old 12-16-2017, 10:05 PM   #23

THOR #10032
Update..... it's a nice day out so I decided to go out and play with the slide. I unplugged the controller and plugged it back in. Hit the button to manual over ride and ran in and hit the switch ..... the slide worked. It went out about 5 inches and a I heard a loud pop. I brought it back in and contimplating my next move .
Old 12-16-2017, 10:09 PM   #24

Model: Chateau 35SD
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksonjack View Post
Update..... it's a nice day out so I decided to go out and play with the slide. I unplugged the controller and plugged it back in. Hit the button to manual over ride and ran in and hit the switch ..... the slide worked. It went out about 5 inches and a I heard a loud pop. I brought it back in and contimplating my next move .

Look underneath the slide there are guides and one of mine had a bolt Jammed in it. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7156.JPG
Views:	120
Size:	244.6 KB
ID:	8257 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7157.JPG
Views:	120
Size:	240.9 KB
ID:	8258
Old 12-16-2017, 10:37 PM   #25

State: Virginia
THOR #3395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksonjack View Post
Can you tell if the popping was towards the front or back of the slide? It sounds like a gear is slipping in the rail. If it is you can carefully inspect the rail and see at what point it is slipping. You need a ladder and good light to see where the gear is slipping in the rail.
Old 12-16-2017, 10:47 PM   #26

THOR #10032
Ok it's getting dark so I will wait till tomorrow. I went back out and tried the slide switch and nothing. I didn't try the manual over ride again. I have an appointment to take it to the dealer Monday. I'm not happy that I have to take it up and drop it off and they will get to it the next week.... I read about people having to leave their RV for weeks to get things done and I hate being at their mercy. Im torn between taking it in and just deciding to become a "Slide Master"
And learning how to fix everything myself .
Old 12-16-2017, 11:24 PM   #27

State: Virginia
THOR #3395
I recommend taking photos of where the problem is. Stay very much involved and call Thor yourself. If still in warranty you are sort of stuck. This could be a big deal if it is the schwintec system. Usually bigger than a do it yourself job especially if the slide has to be removed. As you are aware there are multiple posts on this problem with full wall slides moved with the schwintec system. I think you almost there with full wall slide repair certification.