Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 04-23-2019, 08:57 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 24F
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #13098
Slide Roof Care

Good morning, I assume that the slide roof on our FW 24F is the same material as the house roof (it appears to be)? That being said should it be treated with the same protectorant as the house roof (I don't see why not) or should I use something else? I want to ensure that the seals have a nice surface to slide across. I did clean the slide roof (easier done from the inside with the slide retracted).
TIA
Stu Stoner
Central PA

Old 04-23-2019, 10:35 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31D
State: Virginia
THOR #5638
Considering the slide will spend a good part of its life retracted (unless you full time) and when extended the topper protects it from sunlight and weather it's pretty much maintenances free. To really get at it properly you almost need to remove the topper which isn't a task I would want to do again on my couch and wouldn't consider on a full length slide.

No idea what the material might be for your 24F. On my older class A the top is painted aluminum but there are seams along the front and sides. I give them a look from time to time and I wipe down as much as I can reach. After 13 years everything looks OK and no leaks or such. I have seen Youtube videos for taping the seams with eternabond on towables without toppers.