Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 07-22-2018, 04:23 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 29.2 ACE
State: California
THOR #11409
Rattling windows in ACE 2012

Has anyone had both the drivers and passengers front sliding windows rattle while driving down the road?.
At first I thought is was the screen so I removed them, no luck there.
If so how did you fix it.

The winder it is the worse it becomes, I'm almost afraid they will shatter at some point on top of just flat out being annoying.
I know when the wife has had enough, the Kleenex comes out and she starts stuffing the window to reduce the vibration.

Thanks for any and all advice

Old 07-22-2018, 06:05 AM   #2

Model: 2018 Challenger 37 YT
State: Kentucky
THOR #8995
Windows

Sounds like rubber guides have shrunk. Either replace guides or use pieces of rubber as shims.
Old 05-24-2019, 04:37 PM   #3

Model: ACE 30.1
State: Saskatchewan
THOR #12902
Window Flocking

We purchased window flocking from Amazon because the windows were rattling enough we actually thought they may fall out of the channel, never mind the noise while driving. However, the channel is a bit too deep for the flocking and the windows do not sit well in the channel and still rattle somewhat.
Has anyone replaced the flocking in their motorhome? With what? And, how did you do this?
Old 05-24-2019, 07:25 PM   #4

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Hi, my ACE has a rattle on Driver's side only with cross winds while at highway speed. Pushing on the inner slider glass stops it and to be honest it hasn't been annoying enough for me "yet" to do anything about it. I have read though that some folks use 3/8" foam backer rod and stuff it in the appropriate glass channel(s) to silence the beast. You can get it at most any Lowes etc. Not sure of that will work on ACE's, but it's cheap and easy to try.
Old 05-24-2019, 07:47 PM   #5

Model: ACE 30.1
State: Saskatchewan
THOR #12902
So, here's our latest attempt at a remedy: Today we pulled out the recently installed flocking, attached 3/16 inch Sponge Window Seal Air-Sealing Tape to the underside of the flocking, and reinstalled it. This should snug up the window in the channel. The real test will come when next we take it on the road. Our's, as well, is a 2013 ACE 30.1, and while both the driver's and passenger's windows rattle, the driver's side window is the worst.