Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2019, 12:16 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Quebec
THOR #2688
Slideout issue Vegas 24.1 2016

Hi
I was pulling out my slideout, and When i was reaching the end I heard a few clicks and it was un-évent I pulled it back in but it was struggling finally it retracted ok. I am afraid of pulling it out again. I am 4000 mi. away from home.
Anybody have any suggestions or advices I would appreciate.
Thanks

Old 05-24-2019, 01:08 AM   #2
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by michbout View Post
Hi
I was pulling out my slideout, and When i was reaching the end I heard a few clicks and it was un-évent I pulled it back in but it was struggling finally it retracted ok. I am afraid of pulling it out again. I am 4000 mi. away from home.
Thanks

If you have access to the Internet, Google the problem..I believe the slide is a Schwintek.
Now here is what I know...2 summers ago, we were in Gunnison Colorado...we were walking the RV park and noticed the fellow, older than I was struggling with his slide..I went back to our Axis and googled the problem...their answer was....always make sure there is nothing in the path of your slide, inside and out....
YOU can view the rails from the underside, when the slide is extended.
You might need a flashlight.

When extending your slide and retracting...hold it an extra 5 seconds after it has stopped moving. If you have difficulties..bring it back in and extend again, returning it once again.

The noise you heard could be a much worse problem than the slide being out o sync.

Do you regularly lubricate your slide rails. If not, it is definitely something you should do. I use CRC Heavy Duty Silicone spray on the slide rails.

This forum has many members who have experienced just about everything . I am sure you will receive more responses and I hope you resolve your problem.

Keep us all posted

Ron
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 01:22 AM   #3
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Look around the inside of the gasket/flange--the piece that is held against the wall when its out. See if you find anything that may have got stuck there and crushed by the slide. (Yeah it will be a little hard at the top and the side near the bathroom wall.)

Also look under the slide for something that may have got caught there as well.

While you're looking at the sides check the rails/rack for any wear/broken teeth just to be sure (broken teeth would indicate a more serious problem obviously).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 05:04 AM   #4

THOR #2688
Quote:
Originally Posted by michbout View Post
Hi
Thanks
Thanks for your help.
I will definitely look at all your suggestions when I return home from our trip.
It is actually well retracted, just me and my wife so I prefer to leave it as is for now. I have look prior to extracting and nothing was obstructing the path, the only thing I wounder is that there was weight on and behind the couch do not know if that as in impact
The noise i heard was at the end of extraction only.
Thanks again
Old 05-24-2019, 12:36 PM   #5

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
I would try it again...could have just been one of those hick-ups we all experience that take a year off our life. There are two white wires on each end of the slide controllers underneath the slide in the nearest storage bay...location varies by model. If it did fail in the out position and you're at a campground with manpower available, you can remove those two white wires. This unlocks the motor and you can manually push the slide back in (or out) and reconnect the wires. It will lock the motor back in place. Good luck...as always, we are interested in hearing every issue/resolution owners have with slides. We will all be there someday.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 05:34 PM   #6

THOR #2688
Thanks for your very good comments I will follow your suggestions and let you know of the outcome
Regards
Michel