Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 09-22-2017, 11:15 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: California
THOR #8977
Soft shower floor Windsport 29M

We got our 2017 Windsport 29M last week - new to us - 7300 miles. Took it out for a shakedown for 2 days at the beach. We noticed that part of the shower floor seems nice and solid, however, the section around the drain feels soft. No mold/mildew smells in the bathroom. I do need to recaulk the wall to pan seal opposite the drain, but really don't suspect water damage. Maybe I'm wrong. Anyone have any experience with this?

Eeeride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 12:03 AM   #2

State: Florida
THOR #1249
The tail piece on the shower drain in our camper broke and was leaking out on the bathroom floor. This was due to the shower floor flexing and putting a strain on the pvc against the main floor. I installed a rubber sleeve to take up any flexing of the floor and also installed additional support under the shower floor to minimize the floor flexing. So far, it has done well and has not leaked. If you have access to the underside of shower, I would take a look and see what is going on.
Old 09-23-2017, 01:03 AM   #3

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Do not caulk the pan, if your faucets leak it will go in the wall. Above the right rear tires is a plate you can remove to access the shower drain, this is common to all 29Ms. If you choose you can reinforce around the drain area but it is rather difficult.
Old 09-23-2017, 01:38 AM   #4

Model: Windsport 29M
THOR #8977
Thanks Dave,

I found the plate and removed it. No damage done, but an extra large hole was made in the subfloor around the drain/p-trap - so there is no support like you say. Now, how to figure out how to reinforce the floor with no working room. Time to think. Thanks again. PS - I have loved your mods posted in Jerry's thread. I have read through front to back probably 1 1/2 to 2 times so far. That thread is gonna cost me....
Eeeride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 01:54 AM   #5

THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeride View Post
Thanks Dave,

I found the plate and removed it. No damage done, but an extra large hole was made in the subfloor around the drain/p-trap - so there is no support like you say. Now, how to figure out how to reinforce the floor with no working room. Time to think. Thanks again. PS - I have loved your mods posted in Jerry's thread. I have read through front to back probably 1 1/2 to 2 times so far. That thread is gonna cost me....
You are very welcome, always a pleasure to help!

I never have caught up with Jerry and Dino, I'm running a distant third
Old 09-23-2017, 03:37 PM   #6

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
You are very welcome, always a pleasure to help!

I never have caught up with Jerry and Dino, I'm running a distant third
Dave don't sell yourself short on your mods. You're right there with Dino and I.

Eric,
If you add something to the floor please post it and take some pics. I never knew about the plate. Might have to take it off and take a look in there.

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 07:17 PM   #7

THOR #5196
Jerry, if you look up and to the right in the right rear wheel well you will see the access plate under the shower drain. The floor is cut out to allow for the drain, I think they cut a little to much! My idea is to cut a couple of pieces of wood that would fit around the drain similar to the old time stocks people had their heads locked in.

Not going to be able to do anything until next spring. Getting ready to move in a week, by the time we get settled I will be cold in Indiana, can't park the coach at the house so it will have to go in to storage