Click Here to Login

Old 01-19-2018, 04:04 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrpt58 View Post
I finished this upgrade today. I managed to make both pieces of wood longer to be about 8.5" long. I used some liquid nails to try to glue the upper piece to the shower bottom and the 2x6. After I got the 2 pieces in place where I think I want them, I put a couple of screws thru the honey come of the RV into the 2x6 to keep it in place. Then after spraying some ant and roach poison in the hole, put the cover back in place.
Hopefully, it should stay in place going down the road.
Photos attached.
Couple of questions about this fix. I cant tell from your pics but does only the one area need the support or is another piece needed for the other side of the p-trap/drain.

Second question. If using a 2x6 is there room to shim the 2x6 up from the bottom to push it up against the pan instead of using the 3/8 board on the top of the 2x6???

Jerry

2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 05:05 AM   #22

Model: 2016 Hurricane 29M
THOR #8249
Jerry, Let me look at some of my other pics and see if I can better answer your question.
Its been a couple of months since I did this and I've not only slept, but had alcohol since then.
I do know that a 2x6 was part of the fix, and that I still have a little bit of a soft area that I feel when in the shower, but not nearly as bad as it was.
More to come.

Wrpt58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 05:32 AM   #23

Model: 2016 Hurricane 29M
THOR #8249
Ok, I think I remember, now.
I used the 2x6 on the bottom against the bottom of the RV floor, supporting a piece of plywood up against the bottom of the tub floor. The white stuff is glue to try to glue the 2x6 to the plywood.
Then, once I was happy with the placement of these two pieces in the hole, I used 2 wood screws with washers to hold the 2x6 in place on the RV floor.
See if these three photos show it better for you. 1610 shows the "whole" picture, 1611 and 1612 show the ends.

I believe I wanted to provide a little wider support for the tub floor with the plywood, thinking the 2x6 was narrower than the plywood. That is the only real reason for the way I stacked it, as far as I can remember.

Get back to me if you need more clarification.

This area is pretty tight to work in and get to. Don't screw your neck up trying to get to it. I'll come down and give you a hand if you want me to.

Recie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1610[1].jpg
Views:	51
Size:	138.9 KB
ID:	8614   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1611[1].jpg
Views:	51
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	8615  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1612[1].jpg
Views:	49
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	8616  
Wrpt58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 05:57 AM   #24

Model: Hurricane 29M
THOR #3156
Thanks Recie. Appreciate the help and offer. Dont even know if i want to do this or not. I like to gather the info so if i decide to do it ill be ready

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 02:58 PM   #25

State: Alaska
THOR #7980
I had a soft area in my Miramar by the shower drain too. I cobbled together a pic fix. I used two pvc toilet bowl flanges, one threaded coupling, a short piece of pvc pipe about 6 inches long.
Old 01-19-2018, 03:07 PM   #26

THOR #7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghof View Post
I had a soft area in my Miramar by the shower drain too. I cobbled together a pic fix. I used two pvc toilet bowl flanges, one threaded coupling, a short piece of pvc pipe about 6 inches long.
I essentially made a jack on the kitchen table from these pieces and sanded one end so it would spin on the piece of pipe. Very hard to describe! Think about a screw jack,or jack post from a basement.
Old 01-27-2018, 11:34 PM   #27

THOR #7980
There are some step stabilizers for rv steps that could be modified to fit under the shower floor. I would have used these had I known about them before I made exactly the same thing from pvc toilet flanges.