Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 01-23-2015, 03:30 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE
State: Florida
THOR #698
Curtain liner

We have a 2014 ACE 27.1 The front curtain line has degraded to the point if you touch it, it falls apart. Any suggestions on a replacement liner that is more sunlight durable?

Old 01-24-2015, 03:52 AM   #2

State: Washington
THOR #1471
Not sure on the replacement but when we store it I made a cover to fit the windshield on the inside out of solar shield and when we are out we us a outside windshield cover from Prompt. rvsunscreen.com. This is an awesome product. Maybe order the curtain from Thor or maybe a upholstery shop.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:05 PM   #3

Model: Hurricane 34E
State: California
THOR #937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed-Helen pns View Post
We have a 2014 ACE 27.1 The front curtain line has degraded to the point if you touch it, it falls apart. Any suggestions on a replacement liner that is more sunlight durable?
Call Thor customer service ASAP within your warranty period. They replaced my disintegrating curtains under warranty.

Now, I also use reflective foil sun shades. I was originally going to purchase a big roll of bulk reflective foil, but ended up with two Motorhome sized pre-made reflective windshield shades, (they were clearance priced at CW for $4/each).

I attach them to each other with Velcro, (center of the windshield), and they wrap completely around to cover both side windows. Held with a tab of Velcro on the upper corners.

My original intent was just to use the shades during storage to protect the curtains. However, they REALLY help to keep out the heat of the sun when using the air conditioning, and to keep the heat in when using the furnace. Probably the best $9.00, (including the 4 small tabs of Velcro), spent on the motorhome so far.