Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-07-2015, 06:49 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Hurricane 34 J
State: Ohio
THOR #1295
Step Recall for 2011 - 2015 models

Consequence: Unstable entry and exit steps increase the risk of injury. Remedy: Thor will notify owners, and dealers will install a retainer bracket to reinforce the operating mechanism and replace all of the affected bolts, free of charge. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact Thor customer service at 1-877-855-2867. Thor''s number for this recall is RC000111.

I just received this email from Good Sams Club re upcoming recall from Thor for a defective step mechanism!

2019 Honda Accord 2.0T Sport 6 speed manual
(THOR)
Nursx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 07:22 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
LCI makes a couple models of steps used by Thor so not all motorhomes will be affected.

Here is the write-up on Consumer Affairs:

Thor Motor Coach is recalling 12,656 model year 2011-2016 Thor Challenger, Thor Citation, Thor Hurricane, Thor Tuscany, Thor Windsport, 2011-2012 Thor Astoria, Thor Avanti, Thor Chateau, 2011-2014 Thor Daybreak, 2011-2015 Thor Outlaw, Thor Siesta, 2014-2015 Thor Miramar, 2012 Thor Four Winds, 2008-2011 Damon Astoria, Damon Daybreak, Damon Outlaw, Damon Tuscany, 2008-2012, Damon Challenger, 2008-2010 Damon Essence, 2009-2011 Damon Avanti, Four Winds Chateau, Four Winds Citation, Four Winds Four Winds, Four Winds Hurricane, Four Winds Siesta, Four Winds Windsport, 2009-2010 Four Winds Dorado, Four Winds Dutchmen, Four Winds Magellan, Four Winds Mandalay and 2009 Four Winds Fun Mover, and Four Winds Presidio motorhomes.

The recalled vehicles are equipped with certain Lippert-brand Coachstep Double and Triple Electric Steps, which use a bolt to attach the fan gear assembly to the steps. This bolt may fracture allowing the fan gear to disengage from the steps. As a result, the steps may not remain in the expected position and may be unstable.

Unstable entry and exit steps increase the risk of injury.

Thor will notify owners, and dealers will install a retainer bracket to reinforce the operating mechanism and replace all of the affected bolts, free of charge. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule.

Owners may contact Thor customer service at 1-877-855-2867. Thor's number for this recall is RC000111.

The link is:

Thor Motor Coach recalls motorhomes with Lippert-brand Coachstep Double and Triple Electric Steps
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 08:40 PM   #3
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
I sent an email to Thor asking about the recall for my coach and within 30 minutes was informed that warranty support does not see any open recalls on my coach.

I provided the VIN and sent the email to warrantysupport@tmcrv.com.

Very quick response from Thor.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 04:13 AM   #4

Model: Hurricane 34E
State: California
THOR #937
Hmmmm?!!

That bolt is the very 1st thing that broke on my 2014 Hurricane 34E, during our shakedown camp-out at Fort Wilderness starting on the very night we took delivery of our shiny new motorhome in Florida.

On the second day after returning from a fun day at Epcot, as I stepped onto the bottom step, I heard a pop and the sheared metal bolt hit the Disney asphalt.

I then had to purchase a bungy tie down at the trading post for the trip back home to California.

A local dealership, (the now defunct McMahon's), replaced the LCI Step with a new one under warranty. I wonder if the replacement step assembly is covered by the recall. I wonder if it has the "retainer bracket"?! Hmmm?!
Old 12-08-2015, 04:44 PM   #5

State: Maryland
THOR #1343
This is funny. My steps are in my garage floor. A mangled mess.