Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-28-2017, 05:54 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Fourwinds Windsport 36R
State: Ontario
THOR #8513
Stuck Passenger Workstation Board in Dash

I just bought a 2007 Windsport 36R which has a pullout workstation board on the passenger side dash for the passenger to use as a computer workstation. Unfortunately, its stuck into the dash and the previous owner said he tried everything and had no lucking trying to unstick it.

Has anyone had any experience with this issue and any ideas how I might go about getting it to pull out of the dash?

Is it possible it rattled and some previous owner did something to it to stop it from rattling and now its permanently stuck?

I thank you ahead for your time.

Old 07-29-2017, 01:24 AM   #2
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
I'll take a look at mine this weekend (2014 Hurricane)... Can't picture anything that it would get stuck on...
It sits on a ledge all around - lifting the front edge pivots it out. I use it all the time...
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 02:44 AM   #3

Model: Windsport 31S
THOR #4443
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAC Windsport View Post
I just bought a 2007 Windsport 36R which has a pullout workstation board on the passenger side dash for the passenger to use as a computer workstation. Unfortunately, its stuck into the dash and the previous owner said he tried everything and had no lucking trying to unstick it.

Has anyone had any experience with this issue and any ideas how I might go about getting it to pull out of the dash?

Is it possible it rattled and some previous owner did something to it to stop it from rattling and now its permanently stuck?

Just yank the crap out if it. when it breaks you will know what was stuck
Old 07-29-2017, 05:16 AM   #4

THOR #8513
Stuck Workstation

The previous owner did just that, he yanked on the thing so much that he tore the front face padded board off and has it just stuck on with two way tape. He said the used all kinds of tools and screwed in long screws to use them for pulling on but it didn't budge.
Old 07-29-2017, 05:19 AM   #5

THOR #8513
Thanks Greg, I appreciate your time in looking at yours. My wife, who is not quite convinced the RV life is for her yet, would appreciate having that work station. Anything to get her on side with me.
Old 07-29-2017, 11:49 AM   #6

THOR #1249
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAC Windsport View Post

When you say "pullout" do you mean slide out toward the passenger seat? If so, you may want to see if you can pivot it back toward the passenger seat by grabbing the front edge toward the windshield and pulling up and back on it. At least that is the way it works in the Vegas.
Old 07-29-2017, 01:25 PM   #7
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
You guys aren't giving the OP any credit. When he says "pull out" he is correct. This is not the flip-over workstation in later model Thor coaches:
Old 07-29-2017, 01:45 PM   #8

THOR #1249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfryman View Post
You guys aren't giving the OP any credit. When he says "pull out" he is correct. This is not the flip-over workstation in later model Thor coaches:
Did not know they made a slide out or pull out work station. Learn something new now and then. Just trying to help and I never know what the level of experience someone has with their RV and hope they don't take it the wrong way by basic comments.
Old 07-29-2017, 10:42 PM   #9
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
My guess: Look in the engine compartment; wouldn't surprise me to find one or more screws on the bottom side holding it nice and tight
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 01:00 AM   #10

THOR #8513
yes, that is what I mean the slide out and yes it looks very similar to the one you have posted in the pictures.
Thank you, that is very helpful. I won't be able to give that a go until later this week, so I thank you for taking the time to let me know
Old 07-30-2017, 01:02 AM   #11

THOR #8513
yes, thats the pull out workstation I am referring to.
Old 07-30-2017, 01:06 AM   #12

THOR #8513
thats a good idea, I will look in through the engine compartment to see if I can see what it might be hung up on in there. I suspect the worktop is contained in something that separates it from the engine compartment, however, I might be able to see if I can access it that way or see if there is anything protruding into it that might cause it to get hung up.
Old 07-30-2017, 06:56 PM   #13
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
THOR #2829
My rig is a different setup - so don't think I can give any more help after looking... sounds like you are going down the right path to find what it is hung up on.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote