Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 11-07-2017, 06:13 PM   #81
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I guess that mine is actually pretty darn easy to use...

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/att...1&d=1510078381
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	img_Hz5dPtWVKOJnLaX.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	167.4 KB
ID:	7666  

Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 06:57 PM   #82
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
What if you bought one of those two-foot sewer hose "extensions? You could probably drop it down through the hole, rotate the connection down, and hook them together.
Once that's hooked up and dangling: close the door, and hook your hose up to the extension.
My door opens sideways - but I do use a short clear section of pipe as the first piece connected... would fit in even the standard hole to snake it down - so I'm sure it would fit an enlarged hole...
Once that is in should be able to easily attach the hose with door closed.
Simpler than changing the door movement.. and no outward 'appearance' issues... Plus you can see when flushing the tank turns 'clearish'...
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 01:55 AM   #83

State: Georgia
THOR #9957
You know the hole under it may be for any small drainage going out only: not for a sewer hose. My 30FE doesn’t look like that. A sewer hose hooks to it only and on mine, if it drains a little, it goes on the ground.
Old 11-08-2017, 10:25 AM   #84

Model: Four Winds 31W
State: Michigan
THOR #9522
The hole is a pass through for the sewer hose so everything looks nice when connected . And when traveling the plumbing is protected. My bin also has a small removable drain plug for spills inside the bin.
1977 Tioga 24 foot RV
petefoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 01:19 AM   #85

Model: Tuscany XTE 40AX
THOR #7078
I have a question, check out this link and let me know your thoughts

https://www.ebay.com/itm/E1003VP-Val...item361f635307
Old 11-10-2017, 02:06 AM   #86

Model: Four Winds 31W
State: Michigan
THOR #9522
Am I reading right that this just automates the slide valves?
1977 Tioga 24 foot RV
petefoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 02:20 AM   #87

Model: Tuscany XTE 40AX
THOR #7078
I have no idea, but I think so
Old 11-21-2017, 03:15 AM   #88

Model: Vegas 24.1
THOR #10077
Yes! We have the same problem with our 2018 Thor Vegas 24.1. Camping World of Ocala supposedly fixed the problem, but the first time we tried to dump the space/ connector problem still exists. We've had several RV owner/friends take a look and they all had the same reaction- one of amazed disbelief that there could be such an engineering goof. We are taking it back on the 29th to have another minor flaw fixed and plan to ask one of the service techs show us how to make an easy connection. Ought to be interesting!
Old 11-21-2017, 05:08 AM   #89

Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinell98 View Post
Yes! We have the same problem with our 2018 Thor Vegas 24.1. Camping World of Ocala supposedly fixed the problem, but the first time we tried to dump the space/ connector problem still exists. We've had several RV owner/friends take a look and they all had the same reaction- one of amazed disbelief that there could be such an engineering goof. We are taking it back on the 29th to have another minor flaw fixed and plan to ask one of the service techs show us how to make an easy connection. Ought to be interesting!
So your sewer dump doesn't rotate down to access the opening beneath it? Perhaps post a picture of the sewer dump? I am very skeptical when I hear what Camping World is telling people after reading many, many posts.
Old 11-21-2017, 01:21 PM   #90

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Here is a picture of the sewer hookup on my 2015 Vegas 24.1. The door that covers this is hinged down. Does yours look like this?

See the connection with the gray cap? That rotates down. Notice the big round disc below the connection? That disc turns and is removed so that the sewer hose came come up from underneath and connect to the fitting after the fitting is rotated down.

The entire piece between the two valves is supposed to rotate down. It can get stiff and sometimes takes some force to move it down. Spraying the ends of the fitting with silicon spray will help break a stiff connection rotate. The connection with the gray cap will rotate from the cap pointing straight up to the cap pointing straight down.

Sometimes the factory will get plumbing glue on this piece and it won't rotate. If that is the case, your dealer is going to have to replace the fitting that is supposed to rotate. You should not have to route the sewer hose through the open access door -- it is supposed to come up through the floor where that large round disc is.

That little cap in the floor on the far left is a cap you remove to drain water from the floor of the sewer connection compartment. It is not for connecting any sewer drain hoses.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sewer Connection.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	7860  
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 06:06 AM   #91

State: Georgia
THOR #9957
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinell98 View Post
May want Thor to give your another dealer other than Camping World. They’re not good to service your unit. They say they did but didn’t. They overcharge. I bought my unit from Camping World Macon but will not let them service it. I got a guy who worked at Bluebird when they were building RVs and he’s got his own shop with 5 mechanics from Bluebird. He’s my shop. He’s in Byron, GA.