Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 07-15-2019, 11:19 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 29 M Hurricane
State: Florida
THOR #14300
Thor 29 M cockpit overhead cabinets

Started our first long trip on our 2019 Thor Hurricane this week. As I’m driving I notice sawdust and small bits of wood on my dash. The overhead cabinet pulled away from the of the overhead bunk frame. 6 small wood screws are all that’s holding the front of this assembly up. Fortunately the back attach points held otherwise the thing would have come down on I95. Could have been a real mess.

So my first night out is spent taking Uber to Loews. The fix was 4 inch decking screws and fender washers being screwed down thru the upper bunk deck into the cabinets. I also added some L brackets inside the cabinets for extra security.

I spoke to Thor Concierge rep and the we’re going to pass it on to their engineering people. If you’ve got this setup might be worth a look.

Old 07-16-2019, 12:38 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: SOB 2014 Meridian 36M
State: Washington
THOR #7205
Sounds like a good fix. Glad it didn't fall on you as you were driving.
Old 07-16-2019, 02:06 AM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Disclaimer: I don't have a RV and this bonehead story is part of why not. I wish to protect the identity of dealer so please don't try to guess as you will likely be wrong and may do some legit dealer a disservice.

Thor gave us the name of a location / sales rep to work with for a specific brand new 2019 RV that we were interested in. A Thor Rep found this RV for us, but a long ways from home. So we contact the salesman and tell him which one we interested in, gave him the stock number from there website. We scheduled a long trip just to go see this RV. The dealer promises to have it cleaned up, air conditioned & ready for viewing as they were really wanting to sell that unit. When we get there; they had a very clean beautiful RV, but it was NOT the one we came to see. Salesman said he pulled the stock number I gave but their website and the paperwork all clearly suggest otherwise, he had simply pulled the wrong RV stock number. Salesman was actually trying to blame me!!! Given how far we traveled we wanted to see the RV we came to see. Iit was in very back, all batteries dead, service guys gone. Sales guy did not have the key. The chrome had started to rust on the compartment doors. It was massive disappointment. Then he asked us if we could give him time to come back next week!!!! My wife and I are still beat down by this, we didn't call Thor and tell them what happened, but thinking we may have to step back on our RV pursuit for awhile.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote