Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 07-12-2016, 02:12 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #3952
Thor Ace 30.1 Shower Leak

I posted this on the IRV forum. Posting here to maybe save someone else some time.
I thought I would post my experience with my 2014 Thor Ace 30.1 shower leak.
We camped at Mama Gerties this last week and I noticed some water dripping down onto the left rear tire which is right above the shower. The unit is under the extended warranty but Camping World is a 2 hour drive. I started looking around at possible areas for a leak. Looked above the tire and I see a rubber cover screwed to the floor. I removed the cover and access to the P-trap is right there. The fitting that screws to shower drain had cracked and was leaking. The cause was at the factory the pipe wasn't supported and they forced the fitting up when screwing it on. The pressure cracked the fitting, letting it leak. I picked a new fitting set from Lowes. They had the exact replacement. Replaced it, put a support under the pipe. I replaced the rubber cover above the wheel well with a piece of clear Lexan I had some scrap from. The original piece of rubber didn't cover the whole access anyway allowing water to hit the edge of the floor system.
I hope this may help someone else that may have a leak. I originally thought it was the shower enclosure but I had caulked it really good a month ago. At least Thor thought it was a good idea to put an access there.
First picture is the old fitting that the piece on top was cracked and broke right off when I pulled on it.
Last pic is the clear cover complete so I can just look inside to check it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160711_171326.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	213.4 KB
ID:	2443   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160711_173227.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	183.3 KB
ID:	2444  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160711_184129.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	184.1 KB
ID:	2445   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160711_184742.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	150.1 KB
ID:	2446  

Old 06-01-2018, 02:26 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #11831
Is the same access on the Thor Hurricane? Im having the exact problem but i have a small access under shower in bathroom. I got the part off and went to Lowes but they didnt have the same type p trap.