Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 12-26-2017, 04:13 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: South Carolina
THOR #10327
Thor Ace Furnace malfunction

I recently had a furnace issue in my 2016 Thor ACE. While in TN we had very hard train storm with high winds over night. In the early morning I noticed that the furnace was running but blowing cold air. The furnace would fire up and then go out. I read a thread from this forum that suggested that the Board may have gotten wet. The temps were very cold so we had to pack up and leave to get out of the frigid temps so the coach would not freeze. After driving back yesterday and allowing the coach to sit over night, I fired up the furnace this morning and it now works fine. The furnace cover has the louvers that are upside down and allow water to enter the cover door. What should I get to cover the louvers and still allow air to enter?

Old 12-26-2017, 05:11 PM   #2
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Can you post a picture of those upside down louvers?
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 05:45 PM   #3

Model: Four Winds 22B
State: Florida
THOR #5326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muduck5 View Post
I recently had a furnace issue in my 2016 Thor ACE. While in TN we had very hard train storm with high winds over night. In the early morning I noticed that the furnace was running but blowing cold air. The furnace would fire up and then go out. I read a thread from this forum that suggested that the Board may have gotten wet. The temps were very cold so we had to pack up and leave to get out of the frigid temps so the coach would not freeze. After driving back yesterday and allowing the coach to sit over night, I fired up the furnace this morning and it now works fine. The furnace cover has the louvers that are upside down and allow water to enter the cover door. What should I get to cover the louvers and still allow air to enter?
thru my dealer they contacted Atwood, they sent a fix at no charge a large rubber gasket that actually covers the upside down louvers and a new circuit board and bracket that now mounts the CB on top instead of bottom no issues since

Four Winds 22B
Sunseeker 2800QSF GTS (Loss to hurricane Ian)
Windsport 27K
dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 06:02 PM   #4
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Can you post a picture of those upside down louvers?
You'll find a lot of pictures of the vents in this thread: http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f17...egas-4200.html
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 11:52 PM   #5

Model: Chateau 28F
State: Colorado
THOR #2768
I had the same vent issue with my 2015 Chateau. As per the comment above, I called Thor, they requested a photo and the new cover with no louvers arrived. I was very surprised I got the graphics with it. Then my happiness ended when I was all set to install the graphics and found two out of three where not what I needed. Email after email. Phone call after phone call. It took 6 months to get the correct graphics, and the only reason I finally got the correct graphics was because I went to the factory in Wakarusa Indiana and dealt with the customer service folks. They were helpful and due to the fact their are so many different graphics we went to the graphics department and matched the one that I had photos of from my coach. I cannot believe an engineer didn’t see the design flaw before any coaches got out the door. They will make it right, but it make take awhile..
Old 12-27-2017, 08:41 PM   #6

Model: Hurricane 27K
State: California
THOR #2544
I have the same problem on 2015 Hurricane, The dealer refused to do anything about it because I was outside the warranty period. I had it schedule to go in before warranty expired but was diagnosed with cancer so that took priority, dealer didn't seem to care. Dealer's comment was "well it is an entry level unit" Mike Thompson, Fountain Valley. Maybe I will call Thor direct and see what they say.
brucev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 08:49 PM   #7
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
You'll find a lot of pictures of the vents in this thread: http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f17...egas-4200.html

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/att...1&d=1514407724
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tanks A Bunch.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	180.3 KB
ID:	8363  
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote