Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 08-20-2017, 01:44 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #8848
Thor Four Winds Pioneer Stereo/Camera not working

Hey gang,
Thankful for this forum! We have a 2014 Four Winds 24ft C-class. I was charging our battery with an portable battery charger and somehow mixed the clamps up placing them on the wrong terminals. I quickly rectified this but now our Pioneer Stereo/camera display has stopped working altogether- no power. Checked the regular fuse box with no success and then read a few posts here about other fuses being located behind the stereo and under the hood. I have taken a pic of the fuse box under the hood and was hoping someone would know which fuse is for the stereo- our Thor manuel doesn't have that info and their are quite a few. Any help appreciated.
https://timeofjoyproductions.smugmug...lder/i-W6nLRrG

Old 08-20-2017, 07:32 PM   #2

Model: SOB 2014 Meridian 36M
State: Washington
THOR #7205
I dropped a wire to ground while wiring a thermometer/clock into our WS31. I had to pull every fuse in the box one-at-a-time to find the I blew. It turned out to be one of these large "J case" fuses. Since, when did you have to give up the price of a burger & fries to buy a fuse?! Sheesh
**NEW** Littlefuse Jcase 20 amp Cartridge Fuse Rated 32 volts pkg 2 | eBay
Old 08-21-2017, 12:20 PM   #3

Model: Freedom Elite 29fe
THOR #4656
Did the same thing on my 2014 Four Winds. There is a fuse on the back side of the radio and is impossible to access without pulling the radio. Pulling the radio is a fun job. I gave up and took it to an automobile audio shop who in less than 15 minutes pulled the radio and replaced the fuse.
Old 08-21-2017, 02:55 PM   #4

Model: 2013 31L
THOR #908
Hasn't happened for me in a long time, but I had several occurrences where the camera would stop working. I found that if I cycled power with the use/store switch that it would come back on line

Just something to try as a "hail Mary"