Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 01-18-2019, 05:55 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Allegro Open Road
State: Florida
THOR #8069
Thor owner- resource online

Not sure if everyone is aware (I learned this at the Tampa RV show) but Thor has a owner resource online for your coach. WWW.Thormotorcoach.com/owner-resource
You set up your own account with your Vin #
It will have model and serial #s of things on your coach including Schematics of Elec,Plumbing,HVAC, etc.
Has downloads for EVERYTHING on your coach.

Old 01-18-2019, 06:10 PM   #2

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
but only for 2017 year models and higher... : /
Old 01-18-2019, 06:13 PM   #3
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerFam View Post
but only for 2017 year models and higher... : /
Seems to be model year dependent (and perhaps plant/build dependent?): For my 2014 Axis there are 36 documents.

No schematics for me but I already have them from a call to Thor back when we purchased the coach.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 07:30 PM   #4
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
We're aware:

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f17...ces-15474.html
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 10:02 PM   #5

Model: Chateau 31W
State: Minnesota
THOR #14057
I just went to the Thor site and registered. 55 manuals for download!
FMCA F496287
JJMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 11:04 PM   #6

Model: Four Winds 31E (2019)
State: California
THOR #12270
mine is a 2019 and the site doesn't work. it registered but nothing to download.
Old 01-18-2019, 11:04 PM   #7

Model: 2018 Compass 23TR
THOR #11426
Mine had several duplicates, and several manuals were the wrong ones for my vehicle (I have rear view mirror backup camera, and they gave me the manual for a dash mount backup camera). Also, one of the few manuals I did receive at the time of purchase was for the refrigerator...the manual in my download was for the wrong model.

I did email customer service about this last week...they said they would “forward it to IT”.

Overall, the online owners resource is a step in the right direction, though.
Old 01-19-2019, 01:46 AM   #8

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
THOR #1589
Ron and I talked with the rep for TOGO, the folks who are building this app. TOGO has done apps for some other RV brands. They have big plans for it and we were told that they really appreciate feedback.
Old 01-19-2019, 02:50 AM   #9

Model: Outlaw 29H Class C
State: California
THOR #7010
And they continue to update documents it seems. I recently logged in (past week?) and there were maybe six or so more documents than when I was on there shortly after it went live. It’s a great resource.
Old 01-19-2019, 02:51 PM   #10

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Maryland
THOR #12424
I wasn't aware this was there. 2018 Ace, has 69 docs available. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 01-19-2019, 07:31 PM   #11

THOR #11426
The latest additions to the owners manuals for my 2018 Compass are the Thor System Guides...has anyone looked at these? They start with a disclaimer that they are not intended to substitute for the manufacturers manuals...fair enough. But they actually contain some misinformation.

The System Guide for Awnings and Slideouts instructs you to "press and hold" the control button while extending or retracting your awning. This is the same advice I was given during our orientation. I found that I would often overshoot the mark, and the awning would start to retract backwards.

The Carefree Latitude owners manual (which was NOT provided with our coach) clearly states you should press and RELEASE the button. If you do this, the awning will automatically extend or retract and stop at exactly the right spot.

I realize this is not a make or break issue, but the point is that you don't know what you don't know, and I'm not sure you can trust these system guides to contain accurate information. My advice would be to always check the manufacturers manual first...
Old 01-19-2019, 08:56 PM   #12
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDC54 View Post
The latest additions to the owners manuals for my 2018 Compass are the Thor System Guides...has anyone looked at these? They start with a disclaimer that they are not intended to substitute for the manufacturers manuals...fair enough. But they actually contain some misinformation.

The System Guide for Awnings and Slideouts instructs you to "press and hold" the control button while extending or retracting your awning. This is the same advice I was given during our orientation. I found that I would often overshoot the mark, and the awning would start to retract backwards.

The Carefree Latitude owners manual (which was NOT provided with our coach) clearly states you should press and RELEASE the button. If you do this, the awning will automatically extend or retract and stop at exactly the right spot.

I realize this is not a make or break issue, but the point is that you don't know what you don't know, and I'm not sure you can trust these system guides to contain accurate information. My advice would be to always check the manufacturers manual first...
That automatic awning isn't on all coaches. For our awning you have to hold the switch down to extend or retract it. If you "let go" the awning stops.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 09:47 PM   #13

THOR #11426
Didn't know that, JamieGeek. Guess the best course is to use the manual specific to your RV, and not a generic version.
Old 07-25-2019, 11:40 PM   #14

State: Texas
THOR #14682
Well, good luck using the owners resources. I've registered twice on the site, logged out both times and had to re-register to get back into the site. Even tried changing my password and could never get back in without registering again. And I've sent them several "contact us" messages. never heard from them.
Old 07-26-2019, 01:58 AM   #15

Model: Vegas 25.5
THOR #12686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear & Diane View Post
Well, good luck using the owners resources. I've registered twice on the site, logged out both times and had to re-register to get back into the site. Even tried changing my password and could never get back in without registering again. And I've sent them several "contact us" messages. never heard from them.
Email is usually not the best way to communicate with Thor. However, call Customer Support and you should get good help. They have always been great for me.
pavemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 02:20 AM   #16

Model: Aria 3901
State: Idaho
THOR #9660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear & Diane View Post
That is just weird. I use the sight pretty frequently, and have never had to re-register. I sent a request in for drawings for the solar system and had a reply the next morning.
Mike
Old 07-26-2019, 03:53 PM   #17

Model: Aria - 3901
THOR #14654
I have not had to re-register and use the site a lot. I have found the service reps very helpful and responsive. Several months ago I called and got wiring diagrams for windshield wiper system within 5 minutes. Great resources.
Old 07-27-2019, 10:39 PM   #18

State: Texas
THOR #14682
Thanks for the replies. I'll give Customer Support a call first thing Monday. Thanks!
Old 07-27-2019, 11:20 PM   #19

Model: Four Winds 26B
State: Indiana
THOR #6414
Interesting read on the owner page. Too bad I didn't know about this sooner. It proves I paid for leather passenger and driver seats that were not included and that I also paid for a spare that was not installed. Almost $1000 in accessories I paid for and didn't receive!
Old 08-18-2019, 04:37 AM   #20
LDK

Model: Aria 3901
State: Colorado
THOR #13190
I logged in to Owners Resources to check and see if additional documents were added for my Aria since I last looked. Absolutely, there were!

Example there are a number of How to Videos on topics such as Slide-Outs and Levelers. There are more Slide-Out manuals that gave me a better understanding of the slide-outs, troubleshooting, repairing. There are Freightliner Chassis Maintenance and Operators manuals.

If things break, I now better understand how to manually: bring in slides, raise jacks, lower/raise cab bed, lower/raise bedroom bed. Good stuff!

I saved the documents to my laptop so they are readily available if/when needed.