Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-08-2019, 10:13 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 30D
State: New Jersey
THOR #13701
OK... the good, the bad, and the fix (for now).

The good; As the weather warmed back up, and the molding seemed to loosen back up, I was able to pop it back in on both sides... all looked good.

The bad; I then leave for my 1000 mile trip to Florida, and as I'm cruising on my second day, I see the drivers side start to peel away and slide out of the tract at 70mphs. I had about 10' of molding flying in the wind. I pulled over to the side of the highway and then pushed it back into place. About an hour later the passenger side did the same.

The fix; I luckily had a roll of 1" double-sided tape with me (GREAT SUGGESTION TO MAKE SURE YOU CARRY IN YOUR TOOL BOX). I cut a piece of tape (trimmed to about 3/4" wide by 12" length), and inserted into the tract on the "L" turn above the doors (where I pictured it before). I then tried to push molding pack into its place. That seemed to hold it through the rest of my trip down and back... we'll see how permanent it is.

Old 05-08-2019, 10:28 PM   #22

Model: Quantum RS26
State: Indiana
THOR #10823
Had the exact same issue on our '18 RS26. Pull the rubber out all the way to the bottom, you'll expose the screws holding the trim. The bottom 2 screws hold the rubber, it's folded under and stuffed behind the trim strip. While your down there inspect your "wing walls" carefully (the small walls that come out from the rear of the cab) look under the coach for signs of water and delamination. Next, pull all the trim screws one at a time up to the curve. Inspect the screw threads for rust. If rust is found get stainless screws the same size, fill the holes with Geocell 2300 sealer and put the screws in down to the last 2. Put sealer in the track at the curve and push the trim back in place, tuck the end up under the strip then put in the last screws and push the rubber in place. Takes longer to type than to do really. But look close for wet walls down there, it's a problem with C's.
Old 05-10-2019, 07:29 PM   #23
MBM

Model: Freedom Elite 23H
State: Florida
THOR #12935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevad View Post
OK... the good, the bad, and the fix (for now).

The good; As the weather warmed back up, and the molding seemed to loosen back up, I was able to pop it back in on both sides... all looked good.

The bad; I then leave for my 1000 mile trip to Florida, and as I'm cruising on my second day, I see the drivers side start to peel away and slide out of the tract at 70mphs. I had about 10' of molding flying in the wind. I pulled over to the side of the highway and then pushed it back into place. About an hour later the passenger side did the same.

The fix; I luckily had a roll of 1" double-sided tape with me (GREAT SUGGESTION TO MAKE SURE YOU CARRY IN YOUR TOOL BOX). I cut a piece of tape (trimmed to about 3/4" wide by 12" length), and inserted into the tract on the "L" turn above the doors (where I pictured it before). I then tried to push molding pack into its place. That seemed to hold it through the rest of my trip down and back... we'll see how permanent it is.

Thank you Jevad. I was able to squeeze the trim back in its tracks and it has remained put. I just return from a six day trip and it has held pretty well. I appreciate you suggestion and will include double-sided tape in my tool bag in case the trim comes out again.