Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 08-03-2016, 02:32 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four winds 35SF Super C
State: North Carolina
THOR #4425
Do you butt in or let srvc guys handle??

When you rig is in for work (warranty especially) and there is a delay---and you KNOW that there is difficulty between Thor and lippert for service guys to be authorized to work....do you call Thor directly as the end user that paid or do you let the dealer (the real customer) and his service guys duke it out?? the bureaucracy of authorization for parts and or work troubleshooting just hog ties these guys and limits their in and out dates and their effectiveness.....just wondered if any of you got directly involved!!??

Old 08-03-2016, 03:22 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
The relationship I have with my dealer is one of trust. During my warranty visit the dealer said to me "let us handle it" and they did so in a timely and effective manner. When a warranty item (radio) again failed after the Thor authorized repair the dealer stated that in that case I would have better luck dealing with Thor. We called Thor, who then called the dealer with the shipping date for a new radio and the repair was handled rather well.

When it comes to third party vendors such as Lippert etc... I have found over the years that it is often easier to dealer with the third party vendor directly than going through the manufacturer. In the case of Thor they even mention this in the warranty and provide the phone numbers for most of their third party vendors.

Bottom line, it depends on your relationship with the dealer.

Also, I will say that I have experienced in the past, that dealer service departments (auto and RV) will often blame the manufacturer for not acting in a timely manner when in fact it is the dealer who is slow to react and respond.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 03:29 PM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
CW of Statesville has handled all warranty problems. Twice they requested I submit pictures and documentation for the problem, which I did to Thor and CW...and both times Thor covered it (took 7 months).

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 10:47 PM   #4

Model: Four winds 35SF Super C
State: North Carolina
THOR #4425
So we stayed out of the service guys way---we just asked them for an update and an approx time frame/issues......they replied -and to say the least they were efficient, troubleshooting and identifying and calling us and we picked up the rig today! ( 1 week) Seems that there are several grounds to the chassis for lippert auto level systems......after taking the controller to another unit where it worked fine, they traced down wires and more wires....fixed 2 loose grounds and all is well...no low voltage errors...etc, it leveled manually and auto three times before we left- AND a hint from the senior tech about the slides and levelers---he said (unless you have already plugged into shore power) he always start the generator first---then do the engine/parking break routines for the levelers...they draw quick voltage and if the gen is assisting the auto leveling was really smooth as compared to before---- then cut the engine and do the slide---thanks to RV outlet service team in Ringgold VA--- we love our Super C and after all we have read about Service and Thor issues and third party component issues, we are glad you are the service team and sales team for us!!!
Old 08-05-2016, 12:34 AM   #5

Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #4486
Harrisburg CW works directly with Thor on my warranty issues. I offered to contact Thor directly if they run into an issue getting something approved but so far have not had to do that.
2015 Ford Taurus toad
schreinertms is offline   Reply With Quote