Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-02-2016, 10:54 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: North Carolina
THOR #3216
Wondering what size inverter is needed to run the TV. Also does the antenna use AC?

Hendersonville, NC
billnagle6900@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 11:24 PM   #22
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
If you have the owner's manual for the TV look in the specifications section; it should say how many watts the TV requires.

If you don't have it you can probably find it on the internet.

Most modern LCD TV's don't use a lot.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 11:49 PM   #23

THOR #3216
Thanks. I have an inverter laying around and might as well install it.
Hendersonville, NC
billnagle6900@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 03:21 AM   #24

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Arizona
THOR #1670
Quote:
Originally Posted by srolfe View Post
I have a problem with the 12V outlets in the console. They keep blowing the fuse associated with them (F17). How do you remove or access the hard plastic console?
Finally got around to investigating this problem. Turns out there were no problems with the 12v outlets, the power cord for the Sirius radio was defective and caused the fuse to blow. I did pull the console however and it was relatively easy as per the instructions given in this thread.
Old 05-15-2016, 03:24 AM   #25

State: Arizona
THOR #1670
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06Bold1 View Post
I too have blown fuses using the 12V console outlets with a Sirius XM radio. Have you found a solution?
It turned out that the fault was with the Sirius radio charger cord.
Old 05-19-2016, 09:09 PM   #26

State: Florida
THOR #3770
Great, just installed a Sirius radio with the power coming from the cigarette lighter! First run will be this weekend up to Maine. I'll have to scope out the fuse and see if I can do something tomorrow.
Old 05-22-2016, 11:07 PM   #27

Model: Axis 24.1
State: New Jersey
THOR #4184
No power to Cigarette lighter too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_Leslie View Post
Great, just installed a Sirius radio with the power coming from the cigarette lighter! First run will be this weekend up to Maine. I'll have to scope out the fuse and see if I can do something tomorrow.
Hi everyone who had power problems with their cigarette lighters. We have a 24.1 2017 axis. There was power to the 12 V outlet until we hooked up a Sirius /XM radio to it. It did receive power at first but after removing the power cord and reinserting it, we have not had power since. We just picked up the coach recently so the radio is the only thing that we had plugged into it since picking it up. (The radio works fine when I hook it up to my Sienna Van) We took the fuse out of number F14 in the fuse box in compartment under drivers side and reseated it. I hope it was the right one. The fuse diagram referred to F14 as "Jacks" It did not appeared damaged or blown.

Paul did you have any problems with your radio during your Maine trip ?
Old 05-23-2016, 01:51 AM   #28

THOR #3770
Quote:
Originally Posted by sepesce View Post
Hi everyone who had power problems with their cigarette lighters. We have a 24.1 2017 axis. There was power to the 12 V outlet until we hooked up a Sirius /XM radio to it. It did receive power at first but after removing the power cord and reinserting it, we have not had power since.

Paul did you have any problems with your radio during your Maine trip ?
Yes we did have a problem, the power cord was plugged into the cigar lighter and got kicked. Out went the power. Looks like fuse #72 is the correct fuse, will check tomorrow in the light.
Old 05-24-2016, 09:14 PM   #29

THOR #3770
Fuse issues.

Checked all fuse panels. If you look in Ed's manual it lists fuse #72 has the cigar lighter. But the schematic is for a 2015 Ford E350 chassis. Our 2016 Vegas 24.1 is a E450, and although the fuse panel lay out is the same, there is no fuse in 72, only 71. Thor rep said he though it was fuse # 70. No fuse there either. The fuse in 71 was blown (this type if fuse is hard to see a fault). I replaced the fuse, no power. The fuse did not blow and checked out.

I also checked the fuses in the other panels. No issues.

I pulled the ex-cigar lighter and it seems to be missing the insulation between the inside and shell. See photo. I believe that when the Sirius adapter was kicked, these two pieces shorted out. Shouldn't there be a insulating material in the

Looks like we will head down to Campers World for some troubleshooting.
Old 05-24-2016, 11:24 PM   #30

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
One note I made at the beginning of my manual is that it is based on my 2015 Vegas 24.1 on Ford E-350 chassis. If you have a different year or chassis, the manual doesn't cover all situations.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 01:52 PM   #31

THOR #3770
Dashboard power receptacle.

The photo didn't upload, but think people with blown fuses on the dashboard power plug should check for insulation between the inner barrel and the outer sleeve. When I pulled ours apart there wasn't any insulating material and this allowed the Sirius plug to short out when it was hit by the passenger climbing into their seat.

Quote:

I pulled the ex-cigar lighter and it seems to be missinng the insulation between the inside and shell. See photo. I believe that when the Sirius adapter was kicked, these two pieces shorted out. Shouldn't there be a insulating material between the two metal pieces.
Old 05-28-2016, 02:46 PM   #32

State: Texas
THOR #1879
Quote:
The photo didn't upload, but think people with blown fuses on the dashboard power plug should check for insulation between the inner barrel and the outer sleeve. When I pulled ours apart there wasn't any insulating material and this allowed the Sirius plug to short out when it was hit by the passenger climbing into their seat.
This is exactly the problem I had last year, I wrapped some electrical tape around the inner barrel. Been good ever since,.
Old 05-03-2017, 02:19 PM   #33

Model: Vegas 25.5
THOR #6842
2017 Vegas Fuse Location for DC Outlet in Dash

I just had the blown fuse issue on the DC outlet in my 2017 Vegas 25.5

The fuse for this circuit is #70 in the Ford Chassis Fuse Box, which is
locate on the right side just inside the engine compartment (open the
front outside "hood" and you will see the black fuse box on the right).

The fuse is a 30 Amp low profile J-case fuse.

It took me a while to figure out which fuse panel served that circuit.
Old 05-03-2017, 03:54 PM   #34

State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06Bold1 View Post
I too have blown fuses using the 12V console outlets with a Sirius XM radio. Have you found a solution?
I have read that the XM 12 volt accessory is known for blowing fuses. So I ordered a hardwired adapter for 5.00 off EBAY, wired it into the antenna power lead on the AXXERA (which isn't used) and that powers my ONYX XM radio when the radio is on, when the radio is off, the power shuts off to the XM radio, so one button does it all
Old 06-28-2018, 12:09 PM   #35

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Ontario
THOR #8849
After some investigation and with the guidance of all those on this forum who have had 12 V accessory issues ....
My old serous radio plugged in with no problem to our 2016 Axis 24.1 and it worked fine.
I then plug in our new Sirius radio and immediately blew the fuse.
After a couple of fuses I removed the cigar lighter which was only hand tight and found a dead short between the clip that holds the tip and the outer casing.
After further investigation it turns out my old Sirius radio plug has a groove at the tip for the Detent tension pieces to fit into.
The new Sirius radio plug has NO groove and pushes the springy clips tightly against the underground casing.
I plan to either insulate or replace the socket with a bit better quality one.
Where I’m stuck know which wire goes to the tip in which wire goes to the casing ?
Had I not been so quick to disassemble I would’ve realized while laying on my back I can see the whole back of the gray-ish panel clearly.
Failing anyone knowing which wire is which my simple voltmeter will make it clear.
It should not be difficult to find the fuse based on the remnants of the arcing took place.
May the wind be at your back and the traffic light and always have fun !
Rick
Old 06-28-2018, 02:36 PM   #36

Model: 2017 Thor Vegas 25.2
State: Indiana
THOR #7993
The 12v (cigarette lighter) jack shorted the fuse one day when I plugged in our Garmin. It turned out the the negative wire wasn't pushed onto the lug on the socket. The lug was between the plastic insulator and the connector.