Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 07-10-2018, 01:22 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds
State: Georgia
THOR #8717
Thor Vegas Windshield Replacement

We recently had two cracks develop in the windshield on our 2015 Thor Vegas from rocks being thrown up from passing vehicles. I am having a very difficult time finding anyone to replace the windshield. I've tried Safelite as well as other RV repair shops. Has anyone dealt with this issue? If so, who did the work and what was the ballpark cost to repair? Thanks!

Old 07-10-2018, 01:33 PM   #2

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Your insurance company will point you to someone they trust to do the work correctly. Of course you do not have to follow their recommendation. Some states have no cost glass replacement written into the policy. My insurance company offers no cost glass replacement for an additional fee. Any Thor MC dealer should have a recommendation.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 03:36 PM   #3

State: Alaska
THOR #7889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny boy View Post
We recently had two cracks develop in the windshield on our 2015 Thor Vegas from rocks being thrown up from passing vehicles. I am having a very difficult time finding anyone to replace the windshield. I've tried Safelite as well as other RV repair shops. Has anyone dealt with this issue? If so, who did the work and what was the ballpark cost to repair? Thanks!
Www.nationwidervglass
Old 07-10-2018, 08:28 PM   #4

THOR #8717
You might be interested to know that the first ballpark estimate I got was approximately $5,400 including labor, materials, shipping costs, etc. Wow, sticker shock!
Old 07-11-2018, 03:21 AM   #5

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
You may not find a cheaper estimate. Ours was replaced under warranty by a dealer near The Villages in Florida. It took a couple of weeks to get the window, and only two days to install. A closer dealer did other warranty work, but refuses to do windshields. It took 10 hours of shop labor.
Florida is one of those states with no insurance deductible for glass.
Old 07-11-2018, 04:00 AM   #6

State: Alaska
THOR #5332
Attachment 11342

I live in Wasilla AK and just had ours replaced $4058... thought it was reasonable for what it is..
Old 07-12-2018, 12:37 PM   #7

THOR #8717
Just curious, has anyone used this company:

http://www.nationwidervglass/

If so, what was your experience like?

Thanks!
Dan
Old 08-19-2018, 07:57 PM   #8

THOR #8717
We had our windshield replaced last week by Nationwide RV Glass. After calling around to several automotive glass companies in our area and finding absolutely no one who could do the work, we decided to try this company. Nationwide RV Glass was very easy to work with and we were very pleased with them. They specialize in RV glass replacement and have shops all across the nation. They worked with our insurance company and made all of the rearrangements. The local company that did the work does mobile installations and they came to our location to do the replacement. We were surprised about that as we were planning to take our RV to them. Also, we did not pay the deductible until after the work was completed. I would recommend this company if you need your RV windshield replaced.