Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-02-2021, 11:46 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37KT
State: Tennessee
THOR #25180
Newbie - No power!?! Help

We just got our 2016 Challenger 37KT about 3 weeks ago. Have had it out once and it was great. Have it parked at a storage yard with no power available. Yesterday we went over, flipped the use/store switch by the door and NOTHING. Brought the batteries home and trickle charged them all night. Have checked fuses (is there more than one place there are fuses maybe?) Not sure what to do and thought I'd ask the experts!

Where do we start to trouble shoot?

Old 12-03-2021, 12:04 AM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Have you brought the batteries back to the RV and installed them? And you still have no lights? And you tried again to shift the USE/STORE switch to USE? and no sound or lights still?

There is a 50 Amp DC Circuit Breaker in the battery compartment that may have tripped. It looks like:

It may be red instead of yellow. Push the button to trip it (if not already tripped) and push the flag back in to reset it. Then try the USE/STORE switch again (assuming your batteries are charged and properly connected).
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 12:31 AM   #3

Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate View Post
We just got our 2016 Challenger 37KT about 3 weeks ago. Have had it out once and it was great. Have it parked at a storage yard with no power available. Yesterday we went over, flipped the use/store switch by the door and NOTHING. Brought the batteries home and trickle charged them all night. Have checked fuses (is there more than one place there are fuses maybe?) Not sure what to do and thought I'd ask the experts!

Where do we start to trouble shoot?
There was a post where people replaced batteries and it blew a fuse and there was no telling where the fuse might be unless someone posted your model. If its not the fuse where 16ACE27 mentioned I would look for another fuse
Old 12-03-2021, 01:25 PM   #4
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
The breakers and fuses on a Challenger are located along the walls and ceiling of the battery compartment.

Have you taken a meter across the batteries to determine actual voltage?
Old 12-03-2021, 01:42 PM   #5

Model: Challenger 37KT
State: Tennessee
THOR #25180
Thanks for tips and suggestions - we are headed over to the coach now. Will keep you posted. I am truly appreciative of the time and effort you have given to help us!
Old 12-03-2021, 04:50 PM   #6

Model: Challenger
State: Maryland
THOR #25281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate View Post
Thanks for tips and suggestions - we are headed over to the coach now. Will keep you posted. I am truly appreciative of the time and effort you have given to help us!
Hello, on my 2013 Thor Challenger the 50 amp breakers are on the left and right side of the firewall as you face the front of the coach. The one on the left as you face the coach with the engine cover down is behind the battery against the firewall. The other one is located right below the brake booster behind the drivers side headlamp against the firewall. Have to get a flashlight because they are recessed pretty far back inside the engine compartment. At least I did because I'm getting old.LOL Hope this helps some.