Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-22-2015, 10:27 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32N
State: Virginia
THOR #2169
Recent RV service center experience

When we took delivery of the coach the LED awning light was out and was ordered. When I got home after delivery, I noticed the delivery tech who put the slide in while we were signing the contract let the ladder get in the way of the slide in the back damaging both the ladder and the faux wood trim at the back of the slide. Since taking delivery, we noticed a couple things wring with he coach. The forward latch catch on the outdoor kitchen needed repair and the awning end caps flew off at some point while traveling. Also, the water pump leaked on a long road trip causing water damage to the wood around the bed.

I took the coach to the dealer to look at all the things that needed to be ordered and then once all the parts cam in, I dropped it off for a couple days and everything was repaired. Not only did they replace the wood paneling around the bed, but they rebuilt the entire bed frame as well!

It was a good experience with my service center. What I learned from this forum is that NOT to just leave your coach there if they done't have the parts to fix it. We were able to make a couple local trips while waiting for them to get the parts (not needing the water pump). The pump they replaced the original with is MUCH more sturdy and rugged. This allowed us to enjoy the RV and not be angry with it sitting at the service center for a month.

With all the bad talk about RV service centers, I just thought I would share a good one.

Jody
Yorktown, VA
2015 Hurricane 32N, 2015 Kia Optima, 2016 Master Tow
wacopolumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 03:24 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Jody,

For future reference and since you are in my general neck of the woods which dealer did you use?
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 07:23 PM   #3

Model: Hurricane 32N
State: Virginia
THOR #2169
Dixie RV in Newport News

Jody
Yorktown, VA
2015 Hurricane 32N, 2015 Kia Optima, 2016 Master Tow
wacopolumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 01:57 AM   #4

Model: Palazzo
State: Florida
THOR #2248
A few years ago we were visiting our son-in-law in Norfolk and he told me Dixie was by far the best in the region. Always good to hear a nice experience, thanx for taking the time to tell us!
He eventually sold his travel trailer on consignment thru Dixie and was very satisfied with the whole process.