Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-14-2019, 05:17 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #8948
Tire pressure

Hi everyone,

I have a 2016 ACE 29.3, which I mostly use for short trips to the beach. Now I’m prepping for a long drive to Disney World and checked my tire pressure. I saw 90 psi in the front tires and 60 psi in the rear tires. The tires say 110 psi. I am bad about checking tires pressures cannot remember what level they were at the last time I checked. Can anyone help me locate where on the RV I can find the recommended pressure?

Also, is a big difference like that between front and rear tires there for a reason?

Thanks!
Christina

Old 02-14-2019, 05:52 PM   #2

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Look in the driver or jamb. The proper pressure for your specific vehicle is there, posted by manufacturer. Tire makers do not know what they are going to be mounted on but give recommendations on assumptions and within safety nets. I usually run about 10 pounds below those numbers...makes for a little smoother ride. Check pressure when tires are cold.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 05:53 PM   #3

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
It is very important to ensure your RV tires are properly inflated, not just to help prolong the tire life, but to also help prolong your life and those of others on the road. My 2013 ACE 30.1 has various labels on the wall near the driver seat, one of which shows the nominal cold PSI values (mine happen to be 82psi front and back). I would say your rear tires are way too low and the fronts are probably slightly high......but I am not familiar with your coach load specifics. I would check for the label and correct tire pressures to nominal ASAP. I would also check your tire manufacturer, size etc and go on line to find the manufacturer details on their tire loads versus tire pressure. Weighing your coach (loaded for a trip) and ensuring the tires are pressurized to properly support the loads is a good practise. Also, using a tire pressure monitor system in your travels is a very good way to help reduce any concerns about day to day tire pressure issues.......the cost is worth it. Safe driving; glad you checked them.
Old 02-14-2019, 08:34 PM   #4

THOR #8948
Thanks!

Thanks to you both! I checked by the drivers seat and it’s 82 psi front and rear. Will correct before the trip.
Old 02-14-2019, 08:38 PM   #5
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Have a great time at WDW!!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 09:47 PM   #6

Model: 2013 31L
THOR #908
keep in mind the numbers in your door are for max load and will result in less than ideal handling and ride.

If you have good weights...corner weights are best to work with, but axle weights will do, then adjust the pressure through the wheel and rim association's (something like that) pressure/load charts for your specific size...available through some tire manufacturers.... Michelin's is readily found online. I've been told that the numbers are standard and will apply to any tire make....for that same size

I think yours is an E-450 chassis like mine, right? Based on my tires and loading, I run 80 psi rear and 70 psi steer. Gives me a much better ride than 80 all around
Old 02-15-2019, 11:22 AM   #7

THOR #8948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Have a great time at WDW!!
Thanks, Bob! Have to admit my hands are already sweating about backing into the camp wilderness site. Those roads are so crooked and small! After that it’s always easy sailing!

Christina
Old 02-15-2019, 11:25 AM   #8

THOR #8948
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2 View Post
keep in mind the numbers in your door are for max load and will result in less than ideal handling and ride.

If you have good weights...corner weights are best to work with, but axle weights will do, then adjust the pressure through the wheel and rim association's (something like that) pressure/load charts for your specific size...available through some tire manufacturers.... Michelin's is readily found online. I've been told that the numbers are standard and will apply to any tire make....for that same size

I think yours is an E-450 chassis like mine, right? Based on my tires and loading, I run 80 psi rear and 70 psi steer. Gives me a much better ride than 80 all around

Hi! Yes we do have the same chassis and Michelin tires. Thanks for the tip!

Christina
Old 02-15-2019, 06:30 PM   #9

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Hi, not a big deal, but just to clarify ......I thought all Thor ACE coaches are Class A built on F53 (or F5D) chassis (position 5, 6, 7 in your VIN) I thought, while the E450 is used more for Class C coaches. I am always willing to learn new things though......
Old 02-15-2019, 07:11 PM   #10

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
If it looks like a shoe box with a flat front...it's an A. If it looks like a Ryder moving van with an "attic" over the cab...it's a C. If it's anything smaller but still a van-style chassis...it's a B. Some bigger B's want to be called a C if they have a small knot on their head. There are a few exceptions but this is the general rule.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 07:17 PM   #11
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina1pac View Post
Thanks, Bob! Have to admit my hands are already sweating about backing into the camp wilderness site. Those roads are so crooked and small! After that it’s always easy sailing!

Christina
Relax: you won't have any problems at all! There's enough park personnel around; that you can always find someone to "spot" for you...
(Please take some pictures for us! )
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 02:08 AM   #12

Model: 2016 Siesta Sprinter 24ST
THOR #2812
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
Some bigger B's want to be called a C if they have a small knot on their head. There are a few exceptions but this is the general rule.
Class warfare, not that knot size matters. My class C is more svelte and not as clunky as the Mayflower mover contingent.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RVroof.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	15733  
1972 Moto Guzzi Eldorado
Hooligan2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire pressure