Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 06-10-2019, 02:40 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New Jersey
THOR #8931
Dylans RV in Sewell New Jersey

I had recently given dylans RV in Sewell New Jersey a good rating for doing maintenance on coaches that weren't purchase there. I just called for a maintenance appointment and they have a new policy that has $199 upfront cost. But that is only for people who did not purchase their coach there. So matter what your repair cost is you're going to pay the 199 if you didn't buy your coach there. I would down rate dylans RV in Sewell New Jersey now. Think twice before you buy an RV from Dillons in Sewell New Jersey. This is just a rip-off of Thor customers.

Old 06-10-2019, 03:28 PM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Dynamax REV 24 RB
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #3069
I am not responding to justify the $199 fee but when you suggest to others not to buy there you forget that there is not an additional fee for their customers. I would probably be upset like you.

Additionally Dylan’s does sell Thor products.
Old 06-11-2019, 06:52 PM   #3

THOR #8931
but how about if you were on the road and needed emergency service and they stuck it to you like that. We need to get rid of dealers like this. They need to service all customers
Old 06-11-2019, 06:55 PM   #4

THOR #8931
I can understand taking care of their customers first and moving them to the front of the line. I have no problem with that. but the stick $199 fee on a person who didn't purchase his RV there is wrong I don't care how you try to justify it
Old 06-11-2019, 07:44 PM   #5

THOR #3069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoser123 View Post
I can understand taking care of their customers first and moving them to the front of the line. I have no problem with that. but the stick $199 fee on a person who didn't purchase his RV there is wrong I don't care how you try to justify it
I would feel the same as you about that fee.

As one of their customers they have treated me well since they got rid if some people a couple of years ago.

I am taking my motorhome in for some service next week and I am paranoid about what that will cost. But I trust them to be honest and competent.

Last few times I checked their service rates are geared for diesel pushers and not small gas powered rigs like mine.

Don’t you have other options in Jersey that are not too far?
Old 06-11-2019, 08:39 PM   #6

THOR #8931
Yes camping world in swedesboro New Jersey. About as far for me. I have a class a 37rb 2018 Thor
Old 06-11-2019, 08:39 PM   #7

THOR #8931
I want to say they treated me fairly the first four or five times I took my RV in there. But this is a new policy if there's that I don't agree with
Old 06-11-2019, 10:15 PM   #8
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
I want to say they treated me fairly the first four or five times I took my RV in there. But this is a new policy if there's that I don't agree with
If you don't agree with their policy: you certainly are within your rights to patronize a different shop...
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 10:50 PM   #9

THOR #3069
Quote:
Maybe they have a new service manager. I will find out next week. I don’t understand why these shops alienate customers.

I was going to take my RV to Stoltzfus for convenience but Stoltzfus can’t be bothered to return calls. My next RV would be from Stoltzfus or Dylan’s but Stoltzfus blew that. Dylan’s had a live person answer the phone and schedule a an appointment for me.

I had a good rapport with some of the service people at Camping World. Almost bought motorhomes there twice until the fools in the suits blew the sale.

I was a sales manager and Director for most of my career. Those fools would have been fired if they worked for me.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:02 PM   #10

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Consider it a private club with an initiations process.
Either you join the country club or a round of drinks costs you full price and you wait in the 'lesser than those who joined' line.

I'm fine with it. I could be convinced to actually prefer the fee.

Costco
Sams
Season tickets anywhere
Coupons I get from outdoorsman guide that other people don't.
Regional rebates on cars.
Penny deals at home depot.
Airline 'platinum member' gates

Be happy and realize EVERY transaction you do is worse than someone else accomplished.
You'll not gain anything by being less than happy about the situation.

(IF I bought my new (and broken) rv there, and had to wait weeks for service behind those that didn't buy there...I'd be livid.)
Old 06-12-2019, 12:13 AM   #11

THOR #8931
if you break down on the road far from home and need emergency service I'm sure you'll see it a little bit different. Or if you move to a new location. I hope it never happens to you
Old 06-19-2019, 12:52 PM   #12

THOR #3069
Quote:
I had recently given dylans RV in Sewell New Jersey a good rating for doing maintenance on coaches that weren't purchase there. I just called for a maintenance appointment and they have a new policy that has $199 upfront cost. But that is only for people who did not purchase their coach there. So matter what your repair cost is you're going to pay the 199 if you didn't buy your coach there. I would down rate dylans RV in Sewell New Jersey now. Think twice before you buy an RV from Dillons in Sewell New Jersey. This is just a rip-off of Thor customers.

I dropped off my RV at Dylan’s yesterday. The price list in the office shows the irksome $199 fee.

Also new office personnel since my previous visit last year. They seemed to be good, I have confidence in them.