Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 06-07-2018, 10:04 PM   #61
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan9841 View Post
I have the 2016 model and have not had any issues with the toilet. However, I am 6'2 and while sitting I am on my tippy toes.
They must have raised the toilet to allow a better flush. It's funny hearing my kids complain about it.

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/att...1&d=1528409052
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bombs Away.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	10630  

Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 10:09 PM   #62

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Ohio
THOR #1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfbum18 View Post
I think you're saying fill the black water tank about half way and then the problem is somewhat solved? Please clarify for me...maybe I'm just dull. I have a 2017 Ace 27.2 and have this problem. Didn't for a time or two but now do. I've tried manually setting up the jacks to put it a little UP in the front to try to get some gravity help. Sorta works....tells us again about the tank half full.
Your coach also has the curb side toilet so the tanks are installed that adding water does nothing unless you fill it probably 3/4 full. The deep side of the tank is towards the middle of the coach so all the water runs down there and leaves the solids under the commode. You choice is use lots of water when flushing or what I did was build a wand and install in the tank that points right at the teepee pile, I have it connected to the water system and a valve and have a push button by the toilet, when the business is done I press the button and blast it off. Has worked great. I have a post on here some where of the parts and how I built it.
Camping World Indianapolis, worst dealer EVER experienced
thor293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 10:20 PM   #63
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Can you post a link to that thread?

Thanks!
Old 06-07-2018, 11:12 PM   #64

THOR #1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

Thanks!
If I could find it! lol
Old 06-07-2018, 11:18 PM   #65

THOR #1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

Thanks!
Sent you a PM
Old 06-08-2018, 12:27 PM   #66

Model: Thor Hurricane 29M
State: Florida
THOR #9033
When you say "half fill the tank" did you mean the storage tank or the commode bowl? Seems logic tells me it's the commode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyPause View Post
I wanted to adjust my hot water post from earlier. After 4 more outings of headaches we made 2 very simple adjustments. First fill the tank about 50% of water by holding the foot pedal half way down, before flushing. This gives enough force to push all down past curve leading to the black tank. Another change was toilet paper. We switched from the one the rv dealer recommended to a Scott one ply that actually did a better job, but disintegrates with no problem. Issue solved for us!

The hot water did help with disintegration but found out that the sink dumps in the black tank as well, so we'll usually let it run to hot for a little bit at the end of the day in colder weather. Sucks when dry camping as this fills up the black tank quicker. But the labor and headache of the snake makes it worth the trouble for us.
Old 06-08-2018, 12:31 PM   #67
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by thor293 View Post
Sent you a PM
Got it: Thanks!
Old 06-09-2018, 08:57 PM   #68

THOR #9033
The tissue issue

Well, after much input, most of it good and intended to help, it looks like short of becoming somewhat of a plumber, there is a way to "solve" this problem. First....the paper.....solving the solvent you might say, Let the paper mellow in a bowl half full of water...you do this by slight pressure on the pedal...not enough to open a flush but just to fill in the water. Let it in there about 10 minutes....use the 1 ply if you can stand it or at the most 2 ply....either seems to break up easier. (ever notice that you use twice as much 1 ply as 2?...duh do the math) Good hint....flush often meaning if there are some logs in there, put them down before using the paper. THat will give them time to swim downstream. After using the paper and allowing it to break up...10 minutes seems to work......shut the lid (this might protect you from any splashes or burps) and flush fully......hold the pedal down for 15 seconds. If you don't see any water (or worse) backing into the bowl, you're good to go....in this case, that means leave, not the "go" you might think, Guys, have fewer problems....we only have to paper hang for one function while the ladies have both. Either way, let the paper mellow out and break up and then flush it fully. We had 3 good days of flushing following this procedure. We didn't use hot water or any of that, just letting the paper break up.

The cause is still debatable. Some say it's not a Thor problem but if they know there is a problem with this type of tank configuration, and still continue to manufacture it this way, it's their problem Say what you will....make excuses for Thor if you must.....as long as they don't improve on a bad design, it's still their fault. It should work without us doing all this "research and work." As I told some ACE renters before we left the campground...."it's more of an art than a science." That after they informed me their hot water was on the right, cold on the left and they had scolding hot water IN THE COMMODE! Seems wrong unless you really like HOTSH,,,,...another Thor construction problem. GOod luck to them and hoping as hot as the hot water gets in these things, they don't want to see a cracked bowl

Good luck, flush vigorously and often and let the water do to that paper what we know it can do. (you can see this if you put some water in a bucket or clear jar along with some of your TP..you will see the paper break up)
I love the ACE and I think THOR has some good techs that will help you on the phones but probably as with any other coach.....quality goes downhill when you're trying to keep up with the demand that seems to be out there.) Attaboys to Thor when they deserve them but held their toes to the fire when not..thanks to all who contributed on this several-year-old problem..
Old 06-09-2018, 10:14 PM   #69
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Or bite the bullet and get a macerating toilet that does all that grinding, crunching, etc. as you flush.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 10:37 PM   #70
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
A macerating toilet?!?
Just make sure that you've got everything tucked safely in place: before starting the "Flush & Grind" process!

GolfB... Glad to hear that you've got a handle on a possible solution!
Old 06-10-2018, 12:20 AM   #71

THOR #9033
My toilet claims "I don't chew my TP twice." LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Or bite the bullet and get a macerating toilet that does all that grinding, crunching, etc. as you flush.
Old 06-10-2018, 01:26 AM   #72

Model: Travato
THOR #1765
One simple thing I learned a long time ago in my cruising boat, don’t put anything down the head unless you eat it first.