Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 05-27-2015, 02:45 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #2096
Unhappy Toilet Issues 2015 Thor ACE 30.2

Hello. I bought a 2015 Thor ACE 30.2 and we are constantly having problems with the toilet. When we are camping, everyday I have to snake the toilet plumbing. I have gone so far as not allowing anyone to go number 2, but only number 1. I still have to snake the toilet.

I have left the RV with a service department who said they used the camera to look into the system. They said they couldn't see any problems. They contacted Thor who said we should use dish soap prior using the toilet. We use a ton of water when we flush and also use rv toilet paper.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing the problem or if they have also had this problem?

Old 05-30-2015, 09:12 PM   #2

Model: 29.3
State: Massachusetts
THOR #2125
Ace 29.3

We had the same problem on our second camping trip the snake worked for us but you could see toilet paper and had to move it to get it to flush we also use RV paper and the tank additive to break up the waste after each empty. The tank design seems to be the problem why they would only have a 5 inch depth is odd but have to work with it. Use one ply and make sure all guest don't us paper as they do at home. good luck and happy campint
Old 05-31-2015, 12:37 AM   #3

Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Ohio
THOR #1620
I don't know about the 30.2 but my 29.3 stacks at bottom of toilet because the way it is designed the tank is less than 3" deep, so until the tank is nearly full there is never any water there. This is the only rv I have ever owned designed this way. It's just a botched idea. We went camping for 5 days last week and I had to clean the tank twice. The tank rinser they used is of no help, it doesn't have enough pressure. I am thinking I am going to install one of the tornado tank spinners as close to the drop zone as possible without being the target.
Camping World Indianapolis, worst dealer EVER experienced
thor293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 05:47 AM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Use my boat head rule. Do not put anything in the head unless you ate or drank it first! Nothing!!
Old 05-31-2015, 04:40 PM   #5

THOR #2096
Thanks for the advice everyone. I do agree that it seems to be a bad design.
Old 05-31-2015, 08:31 PM   #6

THOR #1620
Thor30.2 love the name!
Old 06-01-2015, 12:28 PM   #7

THOR #1620
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1824.JPG
Views:	688
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	482
Here is pic of vent installed

Ps: stupid rotating pic!
Old 06-04-2015, 06:27 AM   #8

THOR #2096
Thanks THOR293. Maybe I'm just not getting the pic you posted. You have a picture of the top of your RV with what (?) attached to the vent?

Thanks
Old 06-04-2015, 09:25 AM   #9

THOR #1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor30.2 View Post
Thanks THOR293. Maybe I'm just not getting the pic you posted. You have a picture of the top of your RV with what (?) attached to the vent?

Thanks
Lol, well there would be a good reason, I posted the picture on the wrong thread! Sorry about that, that obviously causes some confusion :d. So since you have seen the pic, it's purpose was someone else had asked which vent pipe on top was for the black tank because they wanted to put one of these camco directional vents on.
Old 06-14-2015, 10:36 PM   #10

THOR #2230
Ace 30.2 toilet problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor30.2 View Post
Hello. I bought a 2015 Thor ACE 30.2 and we are constantly having problems with the toilet. When we are camping, everyday I have to snake the toilet plumbing. I have gone so far as not allowing anyone to go number 2, but only number 1. I still have to snake the toilet.

I have left the RV with a service department who said they used the camera to look into the system. They said they couldn't see any problems. They contacted Thor who said we should use dish soap prior using the toilet. We use a ton of water when we flush and also use rv toilet paper.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing the problem or if they have also had this problem?
Mine has the same problem. I bought it to dry camp - can't to that because I need to use about 1 gallon of h20 per flush to move pee-pee paper down. Forget about #2. What is the deal Thor? How do we fix this. The air bubble pop and splash poop water all over the bathroom is not a nice feature on a 2015 $80k coach.
Old 07-20-2015, 11:08 PM   #11

THOR #2125
We have the same problem. Best way to live with the issue is to dump the solids first then add "plenty" of water until the paper is completely dissolved before dumping.
FrankO
Old 08-21-2015, 07:06 PM   #12

Model: ACE 29.2
State: North Carolina
THOR #2260
Haven't had a chance to try this yet, but I read in another forum that they used very hot (almost boiling) water down the toilet when they had the problem. About a pot full cleared the problem right up.
Old 08-21-2015, 07:14 PM   #13

THOR #2125
Be careful with adding boiling hot water, it can crack the porcelain bowl
Frank
Old 08-21-2015, 07:15 PM   #14

THOR #2230
Thor ACE 30.2 2015 toilet issues

After many phone calls, I was able to get in contact with Thor. I spoke to a gentleman who told me that the problem was that the vent tube leading to the roof was too long and protrudes too deep into the black tank. The remedy is to remove the tank shorten the vent tube and reinstall. FYI The bathroom sink and the toilet are both connected to the black tank. The bathroom sink is connected to the vent tube.
I am taking it to RV solutions a local repair place for this FIX I originally purchased the unit from Giant RV but will never take it back there for anything again. They do not have a
Honorable service manager
Old 08-21-2015, 07:19 PM   #15

THOR #2230
Once the tank fills past the cent rube, the displaced air has no where to go but to pop shitty water out of the toilet all over the place. My vent plugs up at about 5gal of waste water. This is definitely the fix. Warranty claimable too.
Old 08-21-2015, 07:28 PM   #16

THOR #2125
That's news to me . Best way I found to live with the issue is to dump the solids first, then add "plenty" of water until the paper is completely dissolved before dumping.
If the vent tube is too long so be it ,is Thor admitting to this and willing to pay for this. If so ,is that in writing by Thor and is this a formal recall item.
FrankO
Old 10-10-2015, 01:24 AM   #17

Model: Windsport 34F
State: Iowa
THOR #3015
I have just purchased a 2015 Thor Windsport 34F and on our first 10 day outing, we had this exact problem with the toilet "burbing" nastiness out of the stool!!! Just wondering if you PArker 30.2 had the fix you talk about applied, and if it fixed the problem. We have our coach in the repair shop now...and want to make sure they deal with this!
Old 11-21-2015, 07:52 AM   #18

Model: ACE 30.2
THOR #2649
Same problem with my 2016 30.2 My gut feeling is Thor knows what the problem is but doesnt know how to fix it. So they dont acknowledge it and give the stock answer to have the customer fill the bowl prior to use and use minimal paper. I am going to switch o a composting toilet eventually, but it really annoys me that this problem exists.
Old 01-05-2016, 06:06 PM   #19

Model: ACE 29.2
State: North Carolina
THOR #2260
I wanted to adjust my hot water post from earlier. After 4 more outings of headaches we made 2 very simple adjustments. First fill the tank about 50% of water by holding the foot pedal half way down, before flushing. This gives enough force to push all down past curve leading to the black tank. Another change was toilet paper. We switched from the one the rv dealer recommended to a Scott one ply that actually did a better job, but disintegrates with no problem. Issue solved for us!

The hot water did help with disintegration but found out that the sink dumps in the black tank as well, so we'll usually let it run to hot for a little bit at the end of the day in colder weather. Sucks when dry camping as this fills up the black tank quicker. But the labor and headache of the snake makes it worth the trouble for us.
Old 01-05-2016, 08:27 PM   #20

Model: ACE 30.2
State: South Carolina
THOR #2915
I have the 2016 model and have not had any issues with the toilet. However, I am 6'2 and while sitting I am on my tippy toes.
They must have raised the toilet to allow a better flush. It's funny hearing my kids complain about it.

Dan

"Be all that you can be!"
Dan9841 is offline   Reply With Quote