Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 10-01-2018, 06:19 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Oregon
THOR #13255
Tv / DVD Gemini

How do you watch movies on anything but the main cabin tv? I can't figure out how to send the feed to one of the other tv's. I have the Jensen jwm6a. 2018 Gemini

Old 10-05-2018, 01:14 PM   #2

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Hi. I see no responses on this one.......so........I am not familiar with your coach or the Jensen DVD/Radio device specifically but a quick rear view of it on the net shows only one HDMI output from the Jensen.......which I expect is hard wired to your main TV HDMI input port. So I notice you had conversation with another person about the other TV’s in your coach but they did not confirm if they are equipped with HDMI inputs or not. Your coach should have an equipment list tag somewhere in a cupboard......find the model numbers of those other TVs (since they seem to be hard to remove fom the wall) and check on line via Google searches if they have HDMI ports or not. Likely modern TV’s all have them. Then you could look at buying an HDMI splitter (1 in 2 out are more typical) which would feed your main TV and one other TV all the time......no switch over required. You would also have to add the HDMI cable from main TV (new splitter co-locate) to the second TV. If you want all TV’s wired then a 1 in 3 out splitter device minimum is required and added HDMI cables. A powered splitter would also typically need an AC outlet. Hope this helps a bit.
Old 10-05-2018, 03:47 PM   #3

Model: Citation
State: Ohio
THOR #10199
I would suggest to play a dvd and with the remote chose source then try each hdmi port and see if that works.
Old 10-05-2018, 05:03 PM   #4

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Virginia
THOR #7607
Some MHs have a distribution of cables to all Tv's so that you can watch movies etc. on any one of them. Some MHs like mine just have the one TV hooked up to the DVD player.
Old 10-06-2018, 07:46 AM   #5

Model: 2017 Gemini 23TR
State: British Columbia
THOR #5922
Your DVD player is likely sending signal to your HDMI splitter (located in the cupboard above the fridge in my 23TR). I would check to make sure all your cables are securely anchored into the splitter box and then I would run through all the available "input options" using the controller on your bedroom TV. My recollection is that my main TV shows the DVD while on HDMI 3 but bedroom is HDMI 2...
Old 10-17-2018, 03:41 PM   #6

State: Oregon
THOR #13255
Thanks. I think there must be a connection problem somewhere. I will dig around