Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-30-2015, 02:58 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Vegas 24.1 Clean Dump Installation

If anyone is interested, I installed a Clean Dump system in the waste dump compartment of my Vegas 24.1. It is "shoehorned" in there and I had to cut off the end of the box (and add on an extension using a storage container box) but it works great. Best present I ever gave myself. No more mess, no more hose to clean, and I am in and out over the dump before the next guy has his hose attached. It's hooked directly to the coach batteries and empties both tanks in a few minutes. It easily detaches (one-half turn and off) so if there is a problem, I can just detach it and use the old hose. Used it for a year (three month trip from FL to Canada and back) without a problem..
I'll take some pictures, if anyone is interested.

Old 03-30-2015, 03:32 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Did you install the permanent or portable system?

CLEAN DUMP Macerator Systems and RV Accessories
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 04:44 PM   #3

THOR #1765
I installed the permanent system.. I don not ever intend to move it.
Old 01-22-2016, 02:29 PM   #4

Model: 2019 Vegas 25.6
State: Oklahoma
THOR #3467
Clean Dump system

I would like picture of the install of your Clean Dump system
thank's Robert
Old 01-23-2016, 02:56 AM   #5

THOR #1765
Look under Axis/Vegas mods, page 10, posts #190 and 191, 04-01-2015 for pictures and description. I just picked up my 2016 Axis today and will order a Clean Dump system to install. Should have it done in the next several weeks and I will post pictures. Maybe I can figure out some way to install it without cutting the compartment? I doubt it, but I am going to try.
Old 01-23-2016, 03:51 AM   #6

THOR #3467
i think this would work looks simple...
Flojet Portable Self-Priming Rv Macerator Waste Pump Kit 18555000A
Old 01-23-2016, 02:50 PM   #7

THOR #1765
It might work as well? Not any simpler than Clean Dump and it does not look like it comes with all the hoses and hook up parts you need. The hose alone costs $60. If you look in the storage locker, it is a real tight fit. I Went with the smallest pump and it was still difficult to shoe horn in there. At Amazon, they both get excellent ratings. No one has anything bad to say about Clean Dump.
Old 01-23-2016, 07:47 PM   #8

THOR #3467
I will be picking up my New 2016 Vegas 25.2 this coming Monday, I looked at your pictures but I couldn't really tell really how you had it set up, I think I'll wait and let you get your set up, maybe you can steer me on the best way to do mine .
thanks
Old 01-23-2016, 09:47 PM   #9

THOR #1765
It is difficult to see. When you get your Vegas, you will see how small that compartment is. The small Clean Dump pump fits in the back left corner of the compartment, on its side with the feet toward the wall. It actually fits quite nicely with the feet bolted thru the wall. The difficulty comes in turning the hose from the coach discharge pipe to end of the pump. It does not turn 90 degrees in that short a distance (the width of the compartment. I had to cut the front left hand corner and about 1/3 of the left wall off to turn the hose. Then I bought a heavy duty plastic container that just fit over the hole and screwed it to the outside of the compartment, covering the hole. I ran a wire directly across the coach to the battery.
On the next installation I am going to see if a 90 degree turn plastic pipe elbow will turn in that small a space. If it will, it should be easier than cutting the compartment apart. Two other things. I drilled a hole in the back wall right behind the pump so the I could get a screwdriver into the front of the pump to unstick it if something gets jammed in the pump. Easier than taking the pump out. I also cut a hole in the bottom of the compartment underneath the connection of the hose to the discharge pipe. That connection is an easy off 1/2 turn piece so that if the pump fails, you can easily disconnect it and use a regular hose. In 5 years, I have never had it happen, but it is a good back up.
Old 01-23-2016, 09:53 PM   #10

THOR #1765
Good luck with your new coach. Have a good checklist and check I it over very carefully and get everything fixed before you accept it. You will be happy you did. I was very pleasantly suprised that I found very little wrong with my New Axis 24.1. Much, much better than my 2014 Vegas 24.1. Have s great time!
Old 01-23-2016, 11:00 PM   #11

THOR #3467
I think I will really enjoy this smaller couch I now have a 40 foot ultimate freedom by Winnebago 350 horse diesel we are downsizing my wife was afraid to drive the Winnebago she has driven the Vegas it seems to feel like she can handle it.
thank you for your reply
Old 02-06-2016, 11:07 PM   #12

THOR #3467
did you drill a hole at the back to where you can get it jammed? what did you use for your mounting plates? plastic or wood?
Old 02-07-2016, 12:34 AM   #13

THOR #1765
I think this post goes with my Clean Dump thread. Yes, I drilled a hole in the back wall (and covered it with duct tape) to access the screw in the back if it jams. I use plastic starboard left over from construction projects in my boats for the mounting plates. You can buy it at West Marine or on the web. Great stuff.

See 2016 Axis Clean Dump Installation thread for latest.
Old 02-08-2016, 06:10 PM   #14

THOR #3467
Did you use silicone on the 3 inch hose? Thank you
Old 02-08-2016, 06:53 PM   #15

THOR #1765
No I didn't. It is optional and I did not have a problem in my last Clean Dump that I also did not use silicon on. My reasoning is that if I have a problem with a failed or jammed pump that I cannot fix by turning the pump with the screw in the back, it will be a lot easier to detach the 3" hose and fix or replace the pump. If you have the parts, the pumps are not that difficult to take apart and fix. In my boat, I used to carry a spare repair kit for every pump because it was impossible to get parts in the Caribbean. In the motor home, I do not fell that is necessary.
I did have to use Teflon on the 1" hose installation. It is a really tight fit. I wish I had put that hose on and taken it off before I installed the pump. It would have been easier to get on the second time.
Old 02-08-2016, 09:52 PM   #16

THOR #3467
I will be installing mine tomorrow thanks for your great input on your install, after setting the pump in the opening it looks like it's going to be a easy fit don't think it's going to be as hard as the one you put on your older model.
thanks again for your input
Old 02-08-2016, 10:19 PM   #17

THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by hudson0231 View Post
I will be installing mine tomorrow thanks for your great input on your install, after setting the pump in the opening it looks like it's going to be a easy fit don't think it's going to be as hard as the one you put on your older model.
thanks again for your input
You're welcome. Since you have a 25.2 the pipes might be a little different but the installation should be similar. As long as you can turn the 3" hose from the discharge to the pump, it will be easy. Good luck.
Old 02-09-2016, 01:54 AM   #18

Model: vegas24.1
State: Washington
THOR #3614
i found this on ebay for 300.00$
CLEAN DUMP Macerator Systems and RV Accessories
Old 02-09-2016, 01:59 AM   #19

THOR #3467
Amazon $268.80 free shipping clean dump permanent mount.��
Old 02-09-2016, 02:34 AM   #20

THOR #1765
PPL is $260 + $10 shipping, no tax. If you have to pay tax at Amazon, it ends up more expensive.