Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-09-2017, 12:56 AM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Michigan
THOR #6009
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnach View Post
Yeah, count me in too. Took delivery from CW and took a maiden cruise of around 400 miles and the Axis drove fine. Loaded everything up for the BIG one, said goodbye to the dogsitter and... a block away no AC. We went straight to CW and their techs checked fuses and relays and found no cause. There is no AC, no blower control, no outlet selector (windshield, dash, floor), no recirculator switch AND no backup cameras! So, they say it's a Ford problem (but their cameras/radio are affected). We went on the trip anyway, around 2500 miles, in misery at times. At a home depot I bought some rigid foam and a roll of reflectix to cover the doghouse. This helped but we rode with the generator feeding the roof air, (closed all the back vents) and it was still inadequate. Ugh! We returned home and dropped the Axis off at CW and they can't find a Ford dealer that works on class As anymore. WTH?
Was this problem ever fixed? I had the same thing happen. Had to find it myself. I have pictures of what the problem was. let me know.

Old 09-09-2017, 01:07 AM   #42
Site Team

Brand: Crossroads
Model: CF32BL
State: Mississippi
THOR #121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
I was thinking the same thing...
...And I'm hoping that this is the source of the problem: easiest fix possible!
Sounds like it, after 20 or so cycles (On Off ) the light will go out on its own
The wonder Schnauzers
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 01:13 AM   #43

Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Nevada
THOR #970
Welcome to the sheep club... I thought it was strange my RV spent 6 months out of 12 in the shop the first year but everyone told me that was normal. A/C not working, go to Ford for a compressor, then a Thor dealer for the box to be fixed.. each requires 2 months.. My first experience with the Ford dealer was I left it for a/c problem, vibration and handing. They had it for 2 months, took it for a test drive and told me it was normal... then I took it to an alignment shop, it was toe out 5/8 in, there was wear on the tires...3000 miles, then the tire shop, they found 2 out of round tires, and finally to another RV Ford dealer where they found the a/c compressor was bad... oh, and the first Ford dealer charged me $212 for testing my rig!!!! I got the money back from Thor for that and all the other stuff I had to do.. This is not a car dealership, once sold, no service... never expected this in my life..
Old 10-02-2017, 03:49 PM   #44

Model: Axis 25.4
State: California
THOR #6582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbadger777 View Post
Was this problem ever fixed? I had the same thing happen. Had to find it myself. I have pictures of what the problem was. let me know.
Sorry Dbadger777, I didn't see your reply. No, CampingWorld still has my Axis. I'd like to see your photos, it may help. TIA
Hellwig sway bars F&R, 235/85 Hankook ATM, alignment...HUGE!!!
Battery watering, 260watts Solar and BigFeets to make life easier.
gnach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 04:54 PM   #45

Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Michigan
THOR #6009
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnach View Post
Sorry Dbadger777, I didn't see your reply. No, CampingWorld still has my Axis. I'd like to see your photos, it may help. TIA
Here is a picture of the Box where the problem was. Its in the Drivers side, front storage. Everything you described also went out on mine. I was stuck on the road and had to have Thor send me the electrical schematics. Looking on top of the green connector, you will see that the back, white wire is sticking up and not pushed in like the other white wire. It wasn't making contact. I pushed it in and haven't had any trouble (With That) since. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Axis electrical.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	7216  
Old 10-02-2017, 08:48 PM   #46

Model: Axis 25.4
State: California
THOR #6582
Holy $#@! Thank you very much for the photo. The
techs at CampingWorld checked fuses and relays, but I'll bet they didn't look for this. I hope it will just this easy but I really am PO'd that workmanship is so shabby and the Quality Control Inspector is the buyer.
Old 10-05-2017, 01:52 PM   #47

Model: Vegas 25.3
State: Texas
THOR #8252
Update on the misfire issue

We just finished a 2000+ mile round trip to NC. I added two bottles of Gumout All In One Fuel System Cleaner on my first fill up. I had no further issues with misfires or engine lights.
On the east coast it was cool enough to keep the AC off and I got 11.9MPG at 60MPH mostly highway.
Once I put the AC on coming back to Texas I was getting 11.7MPG also at 60MPG
The last 130mile leg of the trip was all country roads, some small towns and traffic lights ending with some Dallas rush hour stop and go. I recorded just under 10MPG for that (9.96)
Old 10-05-2017, 02:00 PM   #48

Model: ACE 30.3 Sold
State: Arkansas
THOR #8012
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasinDallas View Post
We just finished a 2000+ mile round trip to NC. I added two bottles of Gumout All In One Fuel System Cleaner on my first fill up. I had no further issues with misfires or engine lights.
On the east coast it was cool enough to keep the AC off and I got 11.9MPG at 60MPH mostly highway.
The last 130mile leg of the trip was all country roads, some small towns and traffic lights ending with some Dallas rush hour stop and go. I recorded just under 10MPG for that (9.96)
So, at this point are you thinking bad gas?
Old 10-05-2017, 04:00 PM   #49
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasinDallas View Post
That is some pretty dang good fuel mileage...
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 05:04 PM   #50

Model: Vegas 25.3
State: Texas
THOR #8252
tnedator, yes at this point I am pretty sure it was bad gas. It had been on the lot for a year so it was kinda stupid of me not to think of that first.

And Bob, I was very impressed with the fuel mileage. That was poking along at 60.