Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-17-2018, 01:43 AM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Nevada
THOR #11315
Exclamation VIN Location

Hello all. Looking for some help with a question I have. I just bought a used Thor Toy Hauler. The Tahoe Packrat. I bought it out of state so to title it in my state, the DMV must verify the VIN number. Trouble is: I don't know where to find it stamped on the frame. Can anyone help me out please? Thanks in advance.

Old 04-17-2018, 02:33 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Ace 30.4
State: Louisiana
THOR #9620
VIN Location

I have a completely different Thor model, but the VIN is located to the left of the drivers seat on the wall just below the side drivers window. Recommend tire pressure on same plate. Maybe Thor is consistent?
Old 04-17-2018, 02:38 AM   #3
Site Team

Brand: Crossroads
Model: CF32BL
State: Mississippi
THOR #121
If it is the Trailer version it is on the tongue If it is the fifth wheel it is where the king pin attaches
The wonder Schnauzers
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 11:47 AM   #4
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Yeah look on the frame right where the Y from the hitch meets the ladder section of the frame (drivers side). If not there look on the drivers side outside front above the storage compartment.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 06:15 PM   #5

Brand: Still Looking
State: Nevada
THOR #26865
VIN Plate and/or label missing

I have the 1999 Thor 0f California made Wanderer Deluxe fifth wheel with the original Arkansas Title and plate from the seller and am trying to register in Nevada. Struggling with a pre-verification search of the VIN plate and cannot locate it anywhere it should be. I have checked everywhere anyone has suggested it might be located in including the entire fifth wheel hitch area. The question I have is the previous posts have indicted the "pin" of the fifth wheel hitch but mine came with a gooseneck modification and so I never see my "pin" of the fifth wheel. Is it possible it could be hidden by the goose neck device? It just seems to me that that would be a very unlikely place for a VIN plate. Please help as soon as possible. Tomorrow I am going to try to get the RV registered and I will need the guidance to find the plate then or sooner. Second question is, what do I do if it cannot be located or is missing?

Tags
packrat, vin