Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 11-17-2017, 02:28 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 28z
State: Florida
THOR #5725
Warning on Maintenance at CW Ocala (like we need more)

I had the misfortune of having a inner valve stem expel itself while at a camping world parking lot south of Ocala. I couldn't find anyone to change tire on Sunday afternoon (CW service closed) so left the rig to be fixed there. While they did a nice job changing and adding valve extenders, they charged 1.5 hour labor (190$) to rotate tires after they were already off the vehicle!!! No amount of talking was getting me out of that. They also change 179.99 for an oil change! I will try to get my money back from them 10$ at a time in the future- only discounted items for me from there!

Old 11-18-2017, 01:20 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Unfortunately, yours is not a unique experience. That's a lesson you won't have to repeat! Your story needs to be heard by every RV owner before they pick a place to go for service.

We had a big RV dealer in Ft Myers try to bill us an extra hour for a 30 second job that we witnessed. (That is partly why they want you to wait in their customer lounge.) Made an increasingly loud stink at the cashier desk, near that lounge full of waiting customers, and the manager reduced the inflated bill.

This was a previous coach of a different brand, now defunct. Although under warranty, we had to pay the bill and submit it to the manufacturer. I had been informed that the service under dispute was not a warranty issue, and would have had to pay it myself.

Some car dealers have been pulling tricks like this since cars were invented. Buyer beware!