Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 06-06-2017, 01:26 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite
State: Nevada
THOR #7769
Water filtration

So Camping World left us in the lurch as far as water filtration. They gave us a water filter and a tool and said we need a canister. So we bought the canister. We have a Thor Freedom Elite 29 ft. Guy that did the orientation said to install internally. We've looked online in many areas. We're not sure how to go about this and we appreciate any advice. We're taking it out this weekend. There are many hoses under the sink and we don't even know if they're connected properly as he only showed us info about water pump. Thank you. Husband is great with figuring things out and mechanics and electrical. He thinks there might be a bypass in there also. Just would like tips. Thank you.

Old 06-06-2017, 12:20 PM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
State: Missouri
THOR #5437
Myself, I would forget the interior water filter system. I would go to wallmart and pick up the exterior water filter that attaches to your hose. Its a one year throw a way unit for about $15. If you want to go with the larger filter and canister system, I have see people using them also on the outside of their unit. They would make a stand for the filter so the canister would sit upright. The old old style christmas tree stand works great. Either way I would not mess with cutting lines inside the coach.
Old 06-11-2017, 09:26 PM   #3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34E
State: New York
THOR #5840
I bought a Camco exterior filter and made a stand from a 6" pvc pipe and attached a pvc flange to it for a base. The filter just drops into the pvc pipe. The larger filter allows for a larger volume of water and has a replaceable cartridge. I found the inline hose filters reduced water flow too much. Just my solution that cost about $45 for the filter and $6 for the pvc stand.
Old 06-12-2017, 12:15 AM   #4

State: Tennessee
THOR #7227
Quote:
Originally Posted by VJRocky View Post
I bought a Camco exterior filter and made a stand from a 6" pvc pipe and attached a pvc flange to it for a base. The filter just drops into the pvc pipe. The larger filter allows for a larger volume of water and has a replaceable cartridge. I found the inline hose filters reduced water flow too much. Just my solution that cost about $45 for the filter and $6 for the pvc stand.

I agree on the inline hose filter reducing water flow. I have recently purchased a cartridge filter and hope this help with water flow. Have not fixed up my stand and given it a try but have high hopes that it helps with poor shower pressure. I am already using an adjustable water pressure valve just can't seem to get enough pressure to the shower with the inline filter.
Old 06-12-2017, 01:08 AM   #5

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
Replace your shower head with the Oxygenics & enjoy your shower even with low water pressure.
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 01:11 AM   #6

State: Tennessee
THOR #7227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin' Texans View Post
Replace your shower head with the Oxygenics & enjoy your shower even with low water pressure.

Already have the oxygenics