Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 11-14-2018, 03:04 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany 40ex
State: Ohio
THOR #12726
Water on floor

So I have a 2014 Thor Tuscany and keep finding a little puddle of water on floor between the fireplace and couch, All the slides are in and I have looked at the ceilings and there dry, it is dry under the couch which is on the rt slide and don't see any water under the fireplace which is on the lft slide, not a lot of water 1 paper towel soaks it up no idea how its getting there ?

Any thoughts also I haven't moved it before or after last rain,Its almost like it getting in from underneath if that's possible but everything in the storage area is dry as well.

Old 11-14-2018, 01:24 PM   #2

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Is there an air conditioner above your water evidence? If it has been raining possibly the air conditioner pan has a plugged drainage outlet or bad seal? Place a small container at the scene of the crime and see if water is coming from above (likely if air conditioner opening is close) or below (somehow).
Old 11-14-2018, 03:12 PM   #3

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Also check to see if its from your sink and traveling along the wall where you cannot see it or if you have an ICE MAKER perhaps that line is leaking?
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 03:28 PM   #4

Model: Windsport 34E
State: North Carolina
THOR #13360
overhead leak?

Maybe a roof vent nearby. Water can flow horizontally a long way before falling . Your leak maybe several feet away. Put a level on the ceiling above the leak and look in the up hill direction for a source
Old 11-14-2018, 04:54 PM   #5

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
I've had the same issue, and am trying to identify 'exactly' where the outside leak is coming in, which for my coach seems to be at the ends of the main full wall slide. I've noticed it before, but it seems to be really increasing in the amount, even though the slides are 'in', and should be well sealed. We've had a lot of rain over the last week, and it's given me the ability to check it every several days and try to 'see' where it's coming from, as I have a puddle under the end of both ends on the floor.

I've noticed that the ends of the slide's awning reaches well past the ends of the slide room, but I can only imagine that water, and it's adhesion properties, can still cling to the edge and underside, before dropping onto the edge of the slide, and the top of the seal. I can also imagine that, while it seems to be sealed, water can find ANY where to intrude when it can - a simple pinhole will allow a lot of water and drips over a long period.

I also imagine that since my coach may 'lean' toward the left, while it's in storage on gravel and not necessarily totally 'level', which makes the main slide side lower, that water from the roof, and the slide awning, now has more of a 'slope' to ride along. If I was more 'level', I imagine this would not necessarily be the situation, or might not result in as much water coming in.

While we've not experienced this same issue when traveling or using the coach, I imagine that it's a combination of the fact that while moving, the rain is not reacting the same as water sitting on the roof while it's parked/stored, and when we have the slides out, the same problem is not evident.
I've seen water behind the driver seat on a few occasions, usually after bringing in the slide after a rain, when water on the outside of the slide walls is then brought 'into' the coach, and then drips down onto the floor... that makes sense, though it's usually not that much.

My situation make require me to stuff some rags or towels at the top corner of each end of the slide, to keep the dripping water from the roof/awning from working it's way back into the top of the slide, and into the coach... maybe : /
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 02:45 AM   #6

THOR #12726
Thanks for the reply

Wow you guys gave me a lot of things to check, But as mentioned above I did take the cover off the roof a/c inside and no water evidence there and while I never thought of the sink leaking I don't think that's it because I have already winterized the whole system and if it was from the sink it would be anti-freeze on the floor, and all my roof vents have covers over them and the ceilings are dry and stain free, But the post about water dripping in off the slides maybe the issue because where the puddle is on the floor is across from the drivers side front slide.

And never thought of the fridge ice maker or water line leaking but it should be antifreeze as I ran that till it came out the door so I at least have a couple more things to check now so Thank You for the help and if anyone has question on the diesels I would be happy to help as that's what I do for a job especially the 6.7l cummins engines I am a certified aftertreatment tech on Detroit and cummins .
Old 11-21-2018, 01:32 AM   #7

THOR #12726
Water on floor resolved

So I had a chance last weekend to go over all everyones suggestions and found where the water is getting in from, Turns out it is getting on top of the drivers side slide out and running down the side onto the floor so I moved to a little more solid ground as levers sank into the ground and leveled it back out and opened the slide and reclosed it in hopes I just didn't have slide closed tight enough I haven't looked at the seal around slide but from the outside it looks tight so I will check again this weekend and Thank You all for the help.