Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 05-23-2018, 10:51 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 22fe
State: North Carolina
THOR #11657
Water pump question

I was checking the systems before camping this weekend. Filled the water tank, turned on the water heater. Once I knew the water was hot I checked at the kitchen sink. When I ran the cold the water pump came on and stayed on while the faucet was open. I then tried the hot water. The pump came on but it cycled on and off. Water was hot and it pumped ok but the pump kept cycling while it was pumping. With the pump on and nothing turned on no cycling of the pump so it doesn't appear that there is a leak or air leak. Should it cycle while pumping. Just seemed odd it only did it on the hot side. Thanks in advance.

Old 05-23-2018, 10:58 AM   #2

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
That’s normal. Depending on how the plumbing is piped you sometimes have just enough flow restriction to prevent full flow which causes the cycling. Not a problem at all.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:41 AM   #3

Model: Freedom Elite 22fe
State: North Carolina
THOR #11657
thank you superD. Being a new owner there seems to be a never ending series of little things that make you go "is that ok" lol.

Doc McCoy HMCS (SARC) USN Ret.
Old 05-23-2018, 12:30 PM   #4

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc McCoy View Post
thank you superD. Being a new owner there seems to be a never ending series of little things that make you go "is that ok" lol.

Doc McCoy HMCS (SARC) USN Ret.
You are very welcome! Being a new owner can be a litte intimidating at first due to the complexity of the numerous systems on a MH. Please, if you have questions, feel free to ask and DON’T be embarrassed about it. Everyone starts out as a rookie but fortunately there are lots of Great people on this forum that will be happy to help! Hope you have lots of fun!!!