Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 11-01-2016, 10:44 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Outlaw 38RF
State: Ohio
THOR #5751
water trickles

2016 Outlaw 38RF. A few days ago the water flow from city water to the fixtures started slowing to a trickle. In Normal position, tank to fixtures using the pump gives reasonable flow. City water to tank seems to have good flow. It took a reasonable amount of time to top off half a tank.

I'm staying at a dealership/campground so there is a maintenance crew here. Troubleshooting sonfar has not produced any solid clues. I am of the opinion the selector valve must have a blockage in the city to fixtures line. Didn't get to spend a lotnof time on it today so didn't make much progress.

Anyone have a similar issue with the water inlet selector valve?

Old 11-01-2016, 10:59 PM   #2

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
If you have a pressure device hooked to hose unhook the hose and see how the flow is thru just the device. Next if you have screen washers in your hose check to see if they're plugged. Easy things to check first.
Old 11-01-2016, 11:40 PM   #3

Model: Outlaw 38RF
State: Ohio
THOR #5751
Flow though all of the accesories is good since the same line in fills the tank and that flow seems to be OK. Line was disconnected beynod the whole house filter and flow is good to that point.
Old 11-02-2016, 01:32 AM   #4

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Since I am not familiar with the plumbing on an Outlaw I am out of suggestions, thought I would mention the easy stuff just in case. I had a regulator plug up once, overlooked it several times before finally figuring out that was the problem.
Old 11-02-2016, 04:33 AM   #5

Brand: Still Looking
Model: SOB
State: South Dakota
THOR #3916
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
Since I am not familiar with the plumbing on an Outlaw I am out of suggestions, thought I would mention the easy stuff just in case. I had a regulator plug up once, overlooked it several times before finally figuring out that was the problem.
Yup.....X2
Thor Infinity
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 01:16 PM   #6

Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordo37 View Post
2016 Outlaw 38RF. A few days ago the water flow from city water to the fixtures started slowing to a trickle. In Normal position, tank to fixtures using the pump gives reasonable flow.
Anyone have a similar issue with the water inlet selector valve?
I am guessing it is either in the city water delivery pressure or it is in the switch valve. If you have fresh water pump pressure then that discounts any type of blockage in a cold water feed line.

The only issue I ever had was with the plastic T between my two brass switch fittings. It was cross threaded and leaked but only slightly effected city water pressure.

I have complete detailed drawings from Thor but I don't think they listed the part number for that switch valve. Warranty?
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote