Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 09-08-2019, 01:08 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Where is the fuse for daytime running led's on an axis?

2018 axis, those led's that surround the bezel.

I've searched the search bar, I've pulled and tested every fuse in the forward drivers side compartment.
I've had no luck.
I knocked them out when hooking the trigger for a newly installed light bar relay to them.

I remember a thread where someone asked this same question and he found the fuse in some obscure spot, but I can't find the thread. I'm thinking there might be some dandy in-line fuse somewhere.
It's not deadly important as I can trigger from the high beams if needed, but I'd like to have the led's working. I didn't find it in Ed's excellent manual either.

Thanks in advance

(I want to trigger the light bar from the led's because the led's are always on except with low beams.)

Old 09-08-2019, 11:35 PM   #2

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Well I assume your 2018 Axis class A is built on a 2017 F53 Ford chassis.....if yes, then download your chassis manual and click on the fuse section in the index. Looks like the Power Dist Box (PDB) in the engine bay has at least one DRL fuse and there is usually a DRL relay in the same or another power box that may be near the PDB in the engine bay. Check all fuse positions as there could be others assigned to DRL. Hope the attached link works:

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Fo...US_03_2016.pdf
Old 09-09-2019, 12:38 AM   #3

Model: Vegas 25.5
State: Florida
THOR #12686
Actually, the Axis is class A built on the E450. Should still be able to find it on the downloaded E450 chassis docs.
pavemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 04:27 PM   #4

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Found it.
Looking at the fuse box that resides on the back wall of the bin under the drivers seat, it's the row farthest to your right, second one down.

Picture to follow.
Old 10-04-2019, 06:45 PM   #5

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
Found it.
Looking at the fuse box that resides on the back wall of the bin under the drivers seat, it's the row farthest to your right, second one down.

Picture to follow.
All accessories installed by Thor MC in the class A gas MHs front cap will be on a fuse panel separate from the FORD fuse box. This fuse panel is powered by a 100 amp circuit breaker near the CHASSIS battery. Mirrors mirror heat, windshield wipers, cab lights, fans, seat power, shade, cabin A/C and heat controls are some of the things that go through this fuse panel.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote