Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 10-02-2019, 04:01 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.5
State: Kentucky
THOR #13793
where's the loft bed controller? and other touch screen issues

I'm trying to resolve problems with my Lippert One Control touch screen not working right.]
My unit is a Vegas 25.5
On most recent problem is the loft bed icon is gone. LCI says this means no power and/or no communication connection.
Great-------but looked everywhere for the controller (it looks like the slide controller).
Anyone know where the loft bed controller is located?

attached is the pic of what it looks like.

And if you have any experience with the Touch Screen not working I would like to hear about it. Some icons do not go to that function. Icons missing, can't make function work by touching it.
But most functions (when there) do work when using the LCI One Control app.

Gary
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bed lift controller picture.PNG
Views:	126
Size:	308.5 KB
ID:	20627  

Old 10-02-2019, 04:25 PM   #2

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
On Plant 750 coaches the bunk controller is the the left cabinet in front of the driver. I don't know where Thor MC hides the plant 650 coach's bunk controller. Thor usually buys the lift kits from LCI with 20 foot cables, so I would expect is somewhere in the front cap or near the door. All slides and the bed lift are powered through the 30 amp fuse in the power center. So if there is no power to the bed controller and the in-wall slides work you have a wiring problem.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 05:19 PM   #3
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
On Axis/Vegas coaches the bunk controller is behind a false wall on the left in the cabinet above the kitchen sink.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 05:33 PM   #4

State: Michigan
THOR #12333
Check all your cabinets and underneath storage for the controller. Mine is over the drivers head in a cabinet. Of course we have a different rig.

We have the Firefly system and the corresponding touchscreen. Every now and then the screen will do something strange. I turn off the power to the coach for a little bit and then turn it back on. All is well after that. Just like restarting a computer because it is acting up.
funmoneypit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 11:12 AM   #5

THOR #13793
controller found

Found lift bed controller above the sink in left cabinet behind a false plate (as suggested-----thanks).
Learned quite a bit on this frustrating endeavor to solve the disappearing touch screen icons. Must reset all CAN communications and the icons come back.
First go find the master board----mine is under the driver side bed.find the CAN connectors---2. 1 is active and the other is a terminating resistor.
Second go find the slide controller---mine is under the driver seat in the outside compartment. Lift and reseat both CAN connectors.
Third go find the lift bed controller----mine is above the sink behind the lower shelf left side false wall. Remove the 4 screws and pull cover off. You will also find wiring for outlet above and tv connection splitter.
To get all the icons back I had to individually pull and reseat each CAN connection on each of the 3 units to get communications back to all.
So far no answer back from LCI on how this works, but it appears it is a daisy chain series for communications and lift then reseating all is needed to restore.
Still all touch screen icons not correct and unit is to be replaced tomorrow. All icons do work on One Control app----so RV is looking good for use.
Picture of lift bed location attached.
Thanks to all for response/assistance.
Gary
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lift bed controller 3.PNG
Views:	105
Size:	682.5 KB
ID:	20651  
Old 10-04-2019, 08:53 PM   #6

THOR #13793
One Control Panel replaced

So a conclusion to this story,

The LCI touch control panel replacement did correct the icons not working.

Today the RV went 60+ miles down to the dealer, panel replaced in about 5-10 minutes, functions all verified, paperwork done and back home in 3 hours.
A nice ending. (and under warranty with no hassle)
So if you are having problems with the icons not properly responding it could be the touch screen.
Gary