Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 06-30-2019, 03:04 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Minnesota
THOR #5462
Whirlpool microwave convection overhead oven

I have a Whirlpool microwave convection overhead oven gold series in our 2016 Thor Palazzo. Just recently when I open the door the clock goes out and requires us to reset the clock will stay on as long as I don't open the door. Sometimes the timer doesn't count down. Do I have to replace this or is there a reset mode I can use. Is there a repair I can have done or do myself

I just cancelled my extended warranty because they don't repair anything or I have to travel 100 miles to a CW so that was no good and they probably wouldn't have fixed this either.

Looking for some help my husband isn't handy I need to hopefully repair this

Old 06-30-2019, 03:36 PM   #2

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Hi Well if your husband isn’t handy you should at least find him handsome.......or is that the other way around?

Anyway, I don’t know your microwave model at all but it seems very strange that opening the door would turn off the clock. Does the clock flash like there was a power failure after opening the door? Does it just go blank? I am wondering if your clock menu has an “energy saving” mode......and if yes try turning that off......might keep the clock on at least. Check your manual if you have one.

Regarding the count down random fail.......does it just stop counting down or does the clock just go blank.....like when you open the door? If it just goes blank maybe the energy save is causing that too? Failing that, it is possible that keypads and clock cct boards fail......so worst case might be a board change out by appliance repair folks. Best I can suggest.

Old 06-30-2019, 03:47 PM   #3

Model: Four Winds
State: Ontario
THOR #9081
To help furrther, we may need more information like the model number or what features there are and what features still work. In the meantime try unplugging the unit, or turning the breaker off for about 30 minutes to see if it will reset. With the problem you describe, my first though is a faulty control board, probably could have been caused by a power surge.
Old 06-30-2019, 08:06 PM   #4

State: Minnesota
THOR #5462
Thanks my model # is YWMH76719CS-0 When i open the door the time goes off when I shut the door it flashes for me to reset the clock. I can cancel that then I just have a black screen with : sign. everything else works. I'm going to try the shut down for 30 minutes

I appreciate the input from both