Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-24-2018, 04:20 PM   #1
Member
 
Brand: Still Looking
State: British Columbia
Posts: 30
THOR #11058
Whistling

I have a 2018 Windsport 29m and am getting an annoying whistle from somewhere outside. Does anyone have the same issue and a fix?
Thanks
__________________

__________________
Eric27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 04:36 PM   #2
I Think We're Lost!
 
Bob Denman's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
Posts: 11,756
THOR #8860
I recall folks getting replacement grilles from Thor, and it always seemed to solve the issue.
__________________

__________________
Good Sam Member 843599689
FMCA Member F473304
Current coach: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
"History shows again and again; how Nature points
out the folly of man..."
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 05:35 PM   #3
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 29M Windsport
State: Georgia
Posts: 92
THOR #12172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric27 View Post
I have a 2018 Windsport 29m and am getting an annoying whistle from somewhere outside. Does anyone have the same issue and a fix?
Thanks
Look under Modifications and Updates on the first page for ideas and fixes. I have the same issue but have gotten no help from Camping World or Thor so far but I'm still working on it. keep us updated.
__________________
skiptut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 11:50 PM   #4
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: New York
Posts: 72
THOR #11919
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiptut View Post
Look under Modifications and Updates on the first page for ideas and fixes. I have the same issue but have gotten no help from Camping World or Thor so far but I'm still working on it. keep us updated.


Same RV. Took it to my dealer; they approached Thor who is going to send an insert to install behind the grill to “change” the shape of the holes in the original grill. Common problem as pointed out in the other replies. Your dealer might have better luck with Thor.
__________________
Mlleml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 12:01 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
TurnerFam's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 33.3 34'bunkhouse
State: Alabama
Posts: 1,827
THOR #4735
is it your neighbor?? : )
__________________
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 04:15 AM   #6
Member
 
Brand: Still Looking
State: British Columbia
Posts: 30
THOR #11058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlleml View Post
Same RV. Took it to my dealer; they approached Thor who is going to send an insert to install behind the grill to “change” the shape of the holes in the original grill. Common problem as pointed out in the other replies. Your dealer might have better luck with Thor.
Thanks. I’m thinking the same thing
__________________
Eric27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 12:01 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
SuperD's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
Posts: 3,629
THOR #5196
I spent about an hour adjusting the engine “hood” for a better and tighter fit, this stopped the whistling sound.

I also called Thor and they sent me a black mesh screen for the grill. Easy to install the screen, remove a few nuts that hold the grill in place, cut the screen to fit in front of the grill and then reinstall. Took about 30 min, really easy.
__________________
USMC Veteran
FMCA 101070S

Dave & Myra
One day your life will flash before your eyes,
make sure it's worth watching!
SuperD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 12:40 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 A.C.E. 30.1
State: South Carolina
Posts: 189
THOR #5641
I had the same thing, the grill would whistle when it rained. I was still under warranty, so I called Thor and told CW to also call Thor. Thor sent the grill to CW and they replaced it. The new grill is the honeycomb shape holes. You may have to follow up withThor to make sure that CW actually calls them.
__________________
Dave, U.S.A.F. (Ret)
2019 Fleetwood Discovery LXE 40M (Big D)
2016 Ford Focus, flat tow
Dippytwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 01:18 PM   #9
I Think We're Lost!
 
Bob Denman's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
Posts: 11,756
THOR #8860
Your RV is working hard, to make sure that your trip is enjoyable:

__________________
Good Sam Member 843599689
FMCA Member F473304
Current coach: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
"History shows again and again; how Nature points
out the folly of man..."
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 07:26 PM   #10
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 29M Windsport
State: Georgia
Posts: 92
THOR #12172
After calling Camping World after they had it for 40 days and sprayed foam to fix this grill problem I tried Thor again and talked to the right person this time. I told them that CW didn't help and I did my research on line, I removed my grill and that fixed the problem. Thor is sending me another new grill to the house. That will save me another 180 mile round trip to CW. life just got better!
__________________
skiptut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 10:58 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
SuperD's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
Posts: 3,629
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiptut View Post
After calling Camping World after they had it for 40 days and sprayed foam to fix this grill problem I tried Thor again and talked to the right person this time. I told them that CW didn't help and I did my research on line, I removed my grill and that fixed the problem. Thor is sending me another new grill to the house. That will save me another 180 mile round trip to CW. life just got better!
__________________

__________________
USMC Veteran
FMCA 101070S

Dave & Myra
One day your life will flash before your eyes,
make sure it's worth watching!
SuperD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 03:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
×