Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 10-24-2019, 04:02 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 29m
State: California
THOR #16201
The way yours is put together looks different than mine. I have a 90 degree pipe connected to the gray hose, looks like you do not. I think it is a bad design and no real clear cut way to fox other than a redesign. I would think the factory would have a better idea of how to fix it. I would take mine in as it is a warranty issue but the appointment time is 2 months out. We use our RV all year long as the winter weather here is not that bad. Not sure what is the best way to cover the hole back up as I got rid of the stupid black bag cover.

Old 10-24-2019, 04:19 PM   #22

Model: Windsport
State: Missouri
THOR #16182
I had a 90 degree elbow like yours until it broke...Thor directed the dealer to skip the 90...go with a semi flexible pool hose and call it good...well..it didn't work either which is where we are now...I told them my two cents...which was that something had to be done with the wires....they can all go down the same rabbit hole but they can't all be clustered right above the connection....and two...they need to do something with the black bag...having it all wadded up like a teenagers unmade bed wasn't helping either. Put it on correctly or remove it and make some room.
Old 10-24-2019, 04:40 PM   #23

Model: 29m
State: California
THOR #16201
I agree for sure. The reason I cut my black bag out was because the slide got locked up 1/2 way in the middle when we were packing up from camping. I could not see where the bind was. Once I cut the black bag I saw the sink pipe hanging out of the RV and was binding the slide not to go in. I have a better understanding of how everything works now. I thought we had a mess with the wiring but yours looks worse. It is definitely a mess.
Old 10-25-2019, 09:37 PM   #24

State: Georgia
THOR #14989
So far no problem. I really appreciate everyone's comments.
Old 10-26-2019, 06:21 PM   #25

State: Alabama
THOR #15026
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoshocoach View Post
O.K. you Windsport owners out there...who all has had issues with the hose going from your kitchen sink to the grey water tank? What was the eventual fix? Mine was in for service, 62 days, they went with the Thor recommended pool hose fix. FAIL. Pumped some water into the fresh water tank yesterday, ran the kitchen faucet. Everything either ran out onto the floor or out the bottom of the slide. Looked up inside the slide and there was the hose, un attached, again. If you've successfully fixed yours, or had a good service call let me know the remedy. If you're suffering with me feel free to groan here!
My dealership found this while doing the pre-pickup for us when we bought our unit. They came up with a fix for this where the hose under the sink kept coming apart when the slide was brought in and out. They shared the fix with THOR so supposedly any dealership can contact THOR and find out what to do to fix this.
Old 10-28-2019, 02:58 PM   #26

THOR #16182
My dealer has said Thor gave them 3 or 4 possible fixes. Weve tried 1...in the shop to try a second. We'll see how it goes. Glad yours got fixed..Happy Camping!!
Old 10-29-2019, 03:37 AM   #27

THOR #15026
Quote:
My dealer has said Thor gave them 3 or 4 possible fixes. Weve tried 1...in the shop to try a second. We'll see how it goes. Glad yours got fixed..Happy Camping!!
Hope yours goes well. I was surprised when the dealer told us our rig would not be ready when we had originally thought to pick it up. They told us that they discovered it while "running the rig through it's paces" checking everything for us before we took possession. It seems this is something they noticed happening to almost all the THORs like ours so they "developed" the fix and notified THOR so they could incorporate it into their future rigs or help other dealers when they find the same thing. Again, hope this "fix" is the one that will be a "go" for you. Happy camping.
Old 10-29-2019, 03:32 PM   #28

THOR #16182
What is the name of your dealer? What city?
Old 10-30-2019, 12:02 AM   #29

THOR #15026
Quote:
What is the name of your dealer? What city?
Camping World
21282 Highway 59, South
Robertsdale, AL 36567
251-947-3278

"Katie" Mary Adcock is the Service Advisor

Hope they can give you (or your repair shop) the info you need to get this fixed as well as mine is. Good luck.

Tags
29m, grey water hose, kitchen sink, wall slide