Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 01-14-2018, 06:04 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: New York
THOR #8264
Low voltage leveler lights flashing

We just went to take out our 2018 Windsport 29M for a winter drive and to top off the gas tank. The low voltage light is flashing on the levelers. We went for about an hour drive with the generator running to keep it happy. I can't stop the flashing lights or operate the levelers. Fortunately I don't need them because right now we a storing the rv for the winter in our driveway. Thanks for your help.

Old 01-17-2018, 02:19 PM   #2

Model: Chateau 35SD
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8439
May need to do a reset by pressing all four jack buttons at the same time.
Old 01-17-2018, 04:08 PM   #3

Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #4486
I have experienced the low voltage indicator on the leveler panel since coach new and still today. The only way around it is either plugging the coach into shore power or run the gen then low voltage goes away. I can also run the levelers in manual mode and low voltage goes away. I was told by lippert that if I add another battery or two top the house, the low voltage issue would go away. If that were the case, it is lame that Thor would build a coach, not provide enough house power to operate the jacks but not surprised.
2015 Ford Taurus toad
schreinertms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 05:05 PM   #4

Model: 34J
State: Tennessee
THOR #6105
I had low voltage issues with my levelers intermittently. After a lot of trial and error from others with similar problems I finally ran across the problem. In the area where the side pump was you also have wiring to the different controls and sensors. The big thick black one is the ground and is supposed to be connected to the chassis. Mine was on the ground stud with the nut barely on so it was extremely loose. I have a Hurricane 34J and just one of several issues but the most frustrating. On the plus side I have an assortment of screws which we found throughout the coach.
Old 01-17-2018, 05:40 PM   #5
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by schreinertms View Post
I was told by lippert that if I add another battery or two top the house, the low voltage issue would go away.
I don't know who you talked to at Lippert, but that is incorrect on so many levels. Adding more batteries in parallel will not increase voltage, except under heavy current draw; but you get the low voltage "condition" with no current draw.

Also, the "low voltage condition" is normally cleared when you start the coach and the alternator kicks the voltage up over 12.8 volts. The coach is supposed to be running when you use the leveling system.

You should have no lights on the Lippert control panel when traveling down the road; it is supposed to be off.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 06:09 PM   #6

Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #4486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfryman View Post
I don't know who you talked to at Lippert, but that is incorrect on so many levels. Adding more batteries in parallel will not increase voltage, except under heavy current draw; but you get the low voltage "condition" with no current draw.

Also, the "low voltage condition" is normally cleared when you start the coach and the alternator kicks the voltage up over 12.8 volts. The coach is supposed to be running when you use the leveling system.

You should have no lights on the Lippert control panel when traveling down the road; it is supposed to be off.
I don't recall who I spoke with at Lippert, one of their techs. As per the instructions on how to use the levelers, I always have the engine running when operating the jacks but regardless, low voltage indicator present which will not allow auto mode. The only way around this for me is to either plug the coach into shore power or run the gen while the engine is running. All the connections have been verified secure, house and coach batteries test good. The leveler system is off while driving.
2015 Ford Taurus toad
schreinertms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 08:38 PM   #7

State: Idaho
THOR #10270
LCI Hydraulic/Electric Leveling System

https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...ers_Manual.pdf

When we bought our Thor RV it didn't have a manual included for the leveling jacks so went on line and found an Owner's Manual in pdf. Have it on my computer which always goes with us, otherwise you could print it off and add it to your "loose-leaf notebook maintenance manual" which I'm sure you all carry. It pretty much covers the gamut of which issues you might face and how to fix them.

We had the flashing lights on the panel and did the four-corner push of all levelers to reset it and haven't had a problem since. If coach has set awhile (like a couple of months) will sometimes get the low voltage indication on the levelers and on the dash readout, but running the engine a bit fixes that. Can also get that low voltage with the transmission and it won't shift until charged back up.

I've gone on and tried to download pdf files to my computer for most of the systems and it's proven quite beneficial.