Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 11-02-2016, 11:11 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Maryland
THOR #3920
Winterizing the Challenger

Just got done winterizing the Challenger. The outside bypass really comes in handy. Overall it took about 5 gallons of anti-freeze. The washer/dryer combo was actually easy. I did have a minor lessons learned when it came to the refrigerator (full size residential). Getting the fluid through the water outlet was rather easy. I also had to do the freezer ice cube maker. I have read other posts that says to make some ice cubes until they are pink. I started the ice maker and was going to wait. Luckily I had put some paper towels in the area where the water outlet is. Good thing I did because I checked on it about an hour later and those paper towels were soaking and pink. It took a few seconds of head scratching until I realized that this is not a deep freeze freezer and anti freeze good to -50 WILL NOT make ice cubes . It was filling and dumping the liquid. Lesson learned for next year. Put a bucket in there.

As a side note, I didn't want to drain the hot water heater all over the inside of the insert and have it run down the side of the RV so I cut a gallon jug so it would fit under all of the piping and flush with the wall. That way, I pulled the plug and it ran right out and away from the RV. Worked like a charm. Now to attach a hose and drain it away. The reason for this was in my last RV, it has the same water heater and draining it every year made all of the stickers fall/rub off. That just bothered my and I didn't want that to happen again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4687.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	3299  

2017 Thor Challenger 37LX, Westward interior, Riverside paint job. Upgraded to 4 battery setup, Splendide 2100XC Washer/Dryer combo, Progressive Industries HW50 EMS, Heavy Duty Steering stabilizer, and TST TPMS 6+4 setup for tow vehicle . Member FMCA

RVCampingNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 11:50 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37KT
State: Texas
THOR #1183
That wins Challenger Owners Club "Idea of the week" award.